Who is the Richest star to come from soaps?

• Members

Well Susan Lucci i would have said her networth is at 40 million dollars. I am just shocked though Kelly Ripa is worth 100 million dollars in forbes magazine. She currently makes 20 million a year, has a 27 millon dollar house in NY, a 10 million dollar home in the hamptons. They even said Ripa contract could go up between 25 to 30 milluon a year. Thsts insane money. Theres also other movie stars on daytime. Who is the richest to come out of daytime?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He hardly counts as former soap opera star but Brad Pitt. Followed by Kelly Ripa or Julianne Moore (I think more people could point Ripa out in a photo than Moore though, to be honest), at least in regards to name recognition.

• Members

At one time, probably Kevin Bacon, but he lost it all in the Madoff scandal from what I remember. Years ago maybe Kathleen Turner or Meg Ryan. But today it's long term TV contracts. Maybe Kathy Bates as well once upon a time. Morgan Freeman could have been it at one time. But it's a different time and place so ABC is spending money on Ripa. All the money is in cheap talk daytime shows now if you can be a host. Paging Julie Chen.

I thought of David Hasselhoff also. Given Knight Rider, Baywatch which was at one time the most popular show in the world - but I don't know his contract details. But he probably got a lot of residuals. But I don't think anyone is going to match Kelly Ripa...seems pretty easy to me.

Archived