Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan exit drama

DRW50

• Members

Well, to be fair we don't really know she really could have had that planned for their 20th. And she wouldn't have to run to an island she could have just holed up in her house for those days. She addressed it this morning and talked to the audience with a solo shot. It's a bit awkward as if you've just fought with a friend and things are tense and emotional. But it's awkward. I think people are going to read into it how they want, I doubt these two despise each other, but now they might. It probably became tense between them, it's not like they were ever besties and hung out. People act surprised when others don't like each other but it's like any job. Just because they're on TV doesn't mean they're hanging out on and talk every day. But it's not always what the media makes it out to be.

I still think they're both fake and full of themselves. LOL

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kelly returns.

That is remarkably candid. Say what you will about her behavior last week - which was far from perfect - but there are very few people (let alone women) in the business who could do what Kelly Ripa did, namely get up there and make that statement on television with the network's balls in her clenched fist, and still have the public on her side. Kathie Lee could never have gotten away with that.

• Members

I happen to agree with a poster at (yes) Jezebel: "He’s going from a show where he’s part of a two-person team (with his name in the title) to GMA, where he’ll be part of a cast of thousands. If they add any more people to that couch, George Stephanopoulos will be sitting on Michael Strahan’s shoulders." IMO he's making a mistake.

• Members

I thought it was very well handled and should put this to rest (fun and entertaining as it was). I'm glad and IA that, being able to send out that message, and having the audience's support, is major, and almost unthinkable. 

Yep.

I never thought of that before. The person's right. I suppose maybe he views GMA as a show with better reputation/quality, if he indeed has expectations to be thought of as a more "serious journalist," or maybe they just offered him reeeaaallly good money.

• Members

That was fascinating to watch, in that she couldn't actually say anything, but said a lot. And boy was it tense. So tense.

The show and ABC are lucky that SNL is now too up its own ass to ever have a sketch about this, and that none of their female cast have half the talent or ability of someone like Jan Hooks, because she would have went to town on this type of moment. I can see it in my head now.

• Members

Thanks for posting the clip, I forgot to record. Perfect reply. She's a smart cookie and this can all come in handy come negotiation time. 

That said, I don't think there's any love lost between the two. It's not frigid cold like Ann Curry/Matt Lauer, but I don't get a genuine love fest between the two. JMO. 

• Members

Watching that video again, Kelly is a [!@#$%^&*] genius and that is the best power play she could have made.

Also, it is clear to me she hates Michael lol as soon as she sat down she looked like she just wanted his ass to shut up. Lmao.

Archived