Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan exit drama

DRW50

• Members

Ah, ok. Thanks. I mean, to do all this and possibly want a third hour for just that? Ben Sherwood is not the right choice to run ABC IMHO at all. It's like they hire execs to deliberately sabotage things. Like Frons. It's sad.

It's disgusting how much money these people have but why do you care and why do you know so much about her? Lord take a chill pill bro.

I do agree about the third hour bombing. Two hours is plenty. I don't need Lara and Strahan hamming it up for an hour. No one cares like they think they do.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would imagine that whatever ratings Today gets in the 9am and 10am hours are better and cheaper than any talk show (the last one being Leeza) or soap opera that would otherwise be airing there. Same location, same sets, same crew, and some of the same hosts. I'm sure that the cost for airing ads differs from hour to hour to hour to hour. My TiVo used to record only the first three hours and considered the final hour with Hoda/Kathee Lee as a separate one-hour show. 

That said, GMA doesn't need a 3rd hour. If they do go that route, I'm sure it'll still be profitable, but it'll make the network programming during the day even more of a wasteland of talk, talk, talk. Airhead hosts talking about the same damn "hot topics" from show to show. There's already too much. 

• Members

MORNING SHOW RATINGS
Week ending April 10, 2016
Five-day averages

Program

Network

Households

People 2+

Rtg%

Shr

Total viewers (millions)

Good Morning America

ABC

Today

NBC

This Morning

CBS

If I were ABC and NBC I'd be worried about This Morning on CBS. It is the only morning show that has gained in HH, Viewers and Demos...

• Members

Has Matt Lauer truly recovered from the "Curry affair"?  Or does the stigma remain?

As the deadline.com article suggests, if and when Ripa DOES return to that chair, it is bound to make for some awkward television between her and Strahan.  (Thanks, Carl, for the link!)

Ironically, under different circumstances, the full-time move to GMA might have been perceived as a boost to GMA, to ABC, and to Strahan.  But now...?  They might recover from all this, but it's going to take some time.  Just ask Matt Lauer.

• Members

Chit it's been all over the press I think people want to see her reaction. Why doesn't Kelly Ripa just lose the co host and make it Live with Kelly. Turn it into a solo talk show. She makes more money becomes the next Oprah. Chit they said Ripa contract up next year she wants between 30 to 35 million a year lmfao. Ripa will be worth over 200 million by time she's 50. A former soap actress turned rich.

Archived