GH: Jane Elliot Interview

• Members

Pretty great stuff.

Hmm…I seem to recall you shaking your groove thing at the Nurses Ball one year.

Yes, I did a number with Leslie Charleson [Monica] and Sonya Eddy [Epiphany] and I will never do it again. I did it for [executive producer] Frank Valentini but it was painful and I hated every minute of it. Since then, Frank has backed off. I told him I’d do the Nurses Ball once, the Emmys once, a publicity party once, and I did all that. But that’s it. One of my mottos in life is to say yes, but only once per category. Then we do it my way. And so far with Frank it’s working well. We have a really good relationship.

Do you think you scare him?

You’d have to ask him.

What do you think?

I think he respects me. I don’t think anybody scares him, truthfully.

Well, I bet you’ve scared a whole lot of people in your time. Hell, I’m scared right now! [Laughs]

All my life people have called me intimidating, and it used to bother me. I will admit that I am direct and very precise in my language and don’t soft pedal anything. I get right to the point, and some people are put off by it. But I’ve finally decided that I’m OK with that.

• Members

Tracy has been diagnosed with worms in her brain, the result of eating unclean food in Mexico, and the condition could kill her if doctors don’t get a handle on it.

What the fcuk...

She slept with Elvis and all this time I thought she was a lesbian and that she and Deidre were lesbianing together. Which is still entirely possible.

Best part of the interview (did Khan sub in for Jane?)

While it feels like you’ve been on every soap, you have not yet done B&B or Y&R and you could always go back to Days. Anjelica versus Victor Kiriakis would be killer! Should GH dry up for you, there’s still unlimited opportunity.
But here’s the problem with soaps: The bar keeps getting lowered. This is the golden age of television. I stream a lot of great shows on Netflix, plus I’m addicted to HBO, Showtime, FX, AMC, BBC America. That s--t is remarkable! And then you put all that up against our soap operas and the disparity just gets bigger and bigger. It makes me crazy. This is not the best that we can do. Yes, there are limitations in daytime with budget and time but then we need to write material that accommodates those limitations. Don’t write shootouts on the pier. Don’t write explosions and fires. If you don’t have the time and the money, make the stories small and intimate and heartbreaking. I also find it completely irresponsible to play guns the way do on GH and as often we do.

• Members

JE mentioned envying a stack of DAYS scripts from across Dee's bed.  Trust me, those two remain firmly entrenched in Sisters of Sappho (SOS).

And what do you mean, I "subbed in for Jane"?  ;)

• Members

Tracy has been diagnosed with worms in her brain, the result of eating unclean food in Mexico, and the condition could kill her if doctors don’t get a handle on it.

What the fcuk...

She slept with Elvis and all this time I thought she was a lesbian and that she and Deidre were lesbianing together. Which is still entirely possible.

Best part of the interview (did Khan sub in for Jane?)

While it feels like you’ve been on every soap, you have not yet done B&B or Y&R and you could always go back to Days. Anjelica versus Victor Kiriakis would be killer! Should GH dry up for you, there’s still unlimited opportunity.
But here’s the problem with soaps: The bar keeps getting lowered. This is the golden age of television. I stream a lot of great shows on Netflix, plus I’m addicted to HBO, Showtime, FX, AMC, BBC America. That s--t is remarkable! And then you put all that up against our soap operas and the disparity just gets bigger and bigger. It makes me crazy. This is not the best that we can do. Yes, there are limitations in daytime with budget and time but then we need to write material that accommodates those limitations. Don’t write shootouts on the pier. Don’t write explosions and fires. If you don’t have the time and the money, make the stories small and intimate and heartbreaking. I also find it completely irresponsible to play guns the way do on GH and as often we do.

Miss Elliot is most likely sexually fluid like Kristina Corinthos. I love this interview. I've become a even bigger fan of Jane Elliot. I love the shade Jane throws GH. Jane made some great valid points in a classy manner.

• Members

She loves Jean and Shelly feminist approach to soaps. It's awesomesauce people

What that before or after the shade she threw at the show? :lol:

It was when she was laughing at how stupid her storyline was…..teehee

Archived