Days/GH Rumor

• Members

FROM GH TO DAYS AND BACK

General Hospital must have some juicy story planned for the wealthy Quartermaine clan, because the ABC sudser is said to be bringing back John Ingle as crusty patriarch Edward Quartermaine. Soap vet Jed Allan played Edward on a recurring basis after Ingle jumped ship to play Mickey Horton on Days of our Lives in 2004. Reps at Days and GH declined to comment.

********************************************************************************

What the heck is all this about?? And this came out of the middle of nowhere!! All I can say is if they are shopping around for a new Edward, Jerry Douglas is free...AGAIN JERRY DOUGLAS IS FREE!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As far as I know it is not a rumor. Several boards have posted it. It was even a thread here last week about it. John Ingle has not aired since I think January maybe early February as Mickey on Days. I have not seen an first air date listed for Ingle on GH but as far as being reported - it is supposed to be a done deal.

• Members

Well, if Ingle is leaving and John Clarke is unwilling to return on a permanent basis, I think I'd prefer TPTB write Mickey's death into the storyline (as rumored) rather than recasting again.

That said, I think it would be wonderful if they could convince Clarke to return for Mickey's farewell scenes. After 40+ years, the character deserves a proper sendoff.

Also, I think writing Mickey out would open up the storyline possibilities for Suzanne Rogers and Maggie. It would give DAYS a wonderful opportunity to show a mature woman coping with the loss of her spouse and moving on with her life.

Maggie is far more than a tentpole character. Rogers' multilayered portrayal has been underrated for far too long. Its high time she shines once again.

If Reilly, Corday, and the others have any intellectual capacity left, they'll take this opportunity to put both Maggie and her wonderful portrayer to good use.

FYI, I say this as a member of the prized 18-29 demographic. Contrary to popular belief, we like to see the trials and tribulations of people more mature than we are.

Archived