Days/GH Rumor

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think most of us realize that all people (young and old) like to see a diversity in storylines across the ages, but the people that count evidently don't. Even the characters who should be in their 60's are constantly deaged to I guess make them more appealing to the audience.

Suzanne Rogers has been horribly underused since about 1979 on the show. She won the Supporting Actress award that year for her alcoholism storyline. She stayed on the backburner for a few years and then had the romance with Don Craig. After that she was carted out occassionally but didn't really have another story until the affair with Dr. Neil Curtis. Then once again back to the backburner for many years until she was killed by the stalker and came back to life on the Island. Since she and Mickey reunited back to the background again.

I know they interviewed her once and she called what happened to her the curse of the Supporting Actress trophy. The first 2 winners of the Supporting Actress award started the curse that was later broken. Suzanne Rogers (the 1st winner) went to the backburner, and the 2nd winner (Francesca James) lost her job not too long after winning. The 3rd winner Jane Elliot finally broke the curse, even though even she was horribly used by GH for awhile, left and later came back.

If Mickey's death would create a story for her, it would be consolation but my biggest fear is that Mickey would die and Rogers would still be grossly underused.

• Members

Sorry but I can't resist - is that another shameless plug there Keith????? j/k

I try to read your blog as often as I can. I usually come here with the intention of catching up on the fan fics and get busy posting and before I know I have used up all my time. I enjoy yours and many others alot. I will be anxious to see how Maggie's story plays out on screen and in your blog too.

• Members

It is :P But a necessary one, I think. Maggie needs a story on her own, and the current circumstances really help that. If they don't write him off, I think her own screetime with decrease and that's the last thing I want.

Archived