Top 3 soap-opera baby-switch stories

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched and enjoyed all this at the time, but re-reading it makes me wonder why Sheila had to switch babies? It would have been easier just to turn up with the black market baby and claim it was hers or was it because she wanted Scott's child in her possesion?

At the time ,I thought it would have been better for Lauren not to discover that Paul had faked his death and marry Scott in her grief.Then when Paul turns up alive,Scott would wonder how deep her feelings her feelings for him really are,thus setting up tension in the Grainger marriage and making Scott vulnerable to Sheila etc.

• Members

Yes, Sheila's introduction was her treating Lauren for her miscarriage, then a few months later Lauren and Sheila both became pregnant with Scott etc....

Well perhaps it was after Nikki and Jack's son was stillborn because of her falling down the stairs....then again I'm sure other women has miscarriages/stillborns even after that with him at the helm...(Nina comes to mind and later Victoria)

• Members

It stayed a great mystery as to who Rose had given the baby to and what happened to it. I always wanted the story revisited but MAB totally ruined it. I don't recall if Darlene Conley was still alive when the story was brought up again. I would have been great to have her on again as evil Rose. Of course MAB would have ruined that too. 

• Members

IIRC, Bill Bell had made that promise after killing off Susan Martin's baby on DAYS.  However, he told SOW, he had good reasons for going back on that promise with Lauren (although I cannot remember what those reasons were).

Archived