B&B: September Discussion Thread

• Members

My impression (so far) of the new Thomas is that he is pretty green when it comes to the pacing of soap acting.  There's a lot of dialogue to learn and not much direction it seems and he doesn't really have any really strong actors to work with that can sort of guide him.  He is not working with Heather or Rena so he doesn't have the benefit of their experience.  Susan Flannery probably would have nurtured him along as she was great with everyone and was truly good with the younger actors but she's not there to pull him up. 

When someone mentions a poor actor (or hair model, as they used to be referred to), I mention how bad Jon Hensley used to be when he first started on ATWT.  The difference is that someone (probably Marland) had the good sense to try to surround him by very strong actresses- Kathryn Widdoes, Lisa Brown, Elizabeth Hubbard, Jennifer Ashe and Martha Byrne.  He pretty much had no choice but to improve.  

Neither nuThomas nor adult Zende have the benefit of very strong actors to pull them along.  Grandma Stephanie Forrester is truly missed, Susan Flannery would have provided a proper education for these lads.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Needing  break from daily Ridge/Caroline/Thomas.  With so many other characters, can't they mix it up a little...Hell, Pam/Charlie would be a relief at this point.  Deacon, Quinn, Carter,and Eric have been MIA for two weeks, and Pleeeeeeezzz can we get more $ $ Bill? I know he was on yesterday,, but that was a tease!!!

• Members

Thomas and Caroline literally just had sex 2 days ago.....why would she think she's pregnant already? Im glad she was on good terms with him today instead of giving him the cold shoulder

Please register in order to view this content

btw, who's office is this for? I feel like everyone shares it.

The C story is Zende and Nicole? Boring. Tying them to this awful story isnt helping their cause. At least his body is on point

• Members

They need to drop Thomas/Caroline/Ridge storyline. It is a boring mess. The actor who plays Thomas is awful. They need to ship Thomas back to Paris. 

Also I am noticing Brooke is becoming more Stephanie 2.0….LOL….Brooke really has nothing to do anymore in this show but give advice…LOL

• Members

Wyatt and Steffy convinced Aly to delete the video. Steffy promptly fired her on Friday.

Thomas and Caroline had sex while she was drunk and out of it after taking Pam's anti-anxiety pills. She said she's not pregnant, but we know she likely will be as Ridge had a vasectomy. He and Caroline reunited, are engaged and planning on eloping.

Thats pretty much all thats happened

• Members

Just tried to watch today's episode.  Gawd, that was so painful! 

Ridge and Caroline's meaningless non-wedding...why? 

Now they got Nicole stuck between Zende and Thomas?  Another pointless triangle and this one's a struggle one since we have already seen the limited thespian abilities of Zende and Thomas.  RE is a talented actress but she's no miracle worker.  She can't cure the lame.

Those firing scenes lacked any sort of, I dunno, Fire.  I know it was supposed to be some sort of bad-ass moment of triumph for Steffi but it just fell flat to me.  Everything looked hastily thrown together and the only revelation about those scenes is that it managed to make Liam look even more wimpy than usual.

I multi-tasked hard during this episode.  Today's B&B was mostly background noise for me.

Can we bring back Papa Avant?? 

• Members

He can't even write a decent A story. And when he tries to he drops it for something awful. I truly wish he hadn't done the transgender story with Maya  and instead continued with Maya and Rick versus everyone else on the canvas…that was so much fun to watch….would have brought in some more interesting rivalries …instead Bradley went to a nonsense story with Brooke and then it went further downhill with Aly's death which truly had no purpose at all to this boring insomnia story with Ridge/Caroline/Thomas.

• Members

yeah I dont get the point of Ridge and Caroline's wedding. It was a non-wedding as you mention and completely meaningless

Nicole is annoying me the way they are inserting her into this storyline talking about Thomas and Caroline's history as if she was around. Mind your business. I actually dont see a triangle here with Zende but its annoying nontheless

Steffy vs Ivy.....just stop it. I was hoping the story was over but it seems like they are setting things up for Ivy to find out she has the video in her email or desktop and then leak it out of revenge. Oh and when she kept going on about how FC is her family's company and she has every right to be there....um not really. That company began with Eric and Stephanie. That company belongs to their bloodline. Ivy's father and grandparents had nothing to do with it. You are a cousin; you are an employee

• Members

So Wyatt told Bill and Katie today he wants to start his own fashion house. While I wasn't a fan of the Marone's, this has my interest, a rival fashion house is an element this show has been lacking. While I doubt Brad Bell will, it'd provide a good opportunity to bring back some of the Spectra clan if he wanted to. 

Archived