2015 Primetime Emmys Discussion

Toups

• Members

It is SO. FREAKING. FRUSTRATING. for me that Shameless keeps submitting in the comedy categories and that they only ever nominate William H. Macy and Joan Cusack. They're good, but the rest of the cast carries the show. WHM isn't even the lead, to be quite honest, yet there he is, getting another nomination for falling down and sh!tting on himself. They keep nominating JC in the guest actress category even though she was always a regular who was merely credited as a guest star. It feels like these people don't even watch the show. They see two names that they know and throw the noms at them.

It is nice, however, to see OITNB in the drama categories, though, once again, as much as I love Uzo Aduba and believe she's definitely deserving, but there are others who did more who should have been nominated as well.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahahahahaha sad but accurate. I don't care about the show not getting nominated anymore because to me it is NOT a comedy. Just because it has comedic elements and definitely hilarious one-liners.... that doesn't make it a comedy. But it is awfully tiresome for those two to continuously be nominated when you have the likes of Noel turning out FANTASTIC performances and even Emmy... maybe the final season will get some love much like FNL.

• Members

I haven't watched many of these shows, but I hope that Mayim Bialik gets an Emmy for "The Big Bang Theory". I think she's hilarious as Amy Farrah Fowler. tongue.png

And naturally I also hope that the wonderful Emma Thompson wins her category. She's fabulous in everything. wub.png

• Members

This could be Lena Headey's year. I have no idea what Diana Rigg was nominated for other than being Diana Rigg. Maybe they mean to have her win so she can find a reason to come and say a nice word about Patrick Macnee?

The category with Michael J Fox is interesting because there might be pressure to just give it to him because he acts in spite of his illness. Although, Alan Alda is getting up there in years and this might be their way of giving a last salute to a one-time emmy favorite.

Felicity Huffman, American Crime
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Freak Show
Queen Latifah, Bessie
Frances McDormand, Olive Kitteridge
Emma Thompson, Mrs. Lovett
Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Honorable Woman

This category is a tough one because every one of them is a one-time movie star and the emmys are always self conscious about not being as big as The Oscars and they like to trot out stars. Something tells me Queen Latifah will sneak in here because everybody likes Queen Latifah.

• Members

It's disappointing that GoT always gets the same nominations - Dinklage did nothing to warrant an award and really hasn't in some time, and Emilia Clarke is mostly an adequate actress.

The only thing keeping that show afloat is the acting, but you wouldn't know it.

As for the rest - same old same old.

• Members

The Wheel keeps turning as far as Game of Thrones is concerned. Aside from graphics and perhaps the battle scenes in episode 8 or 9 I'm struggling to see what they saw in this season that was so great.

But its all about money, sponsors, getting ratings, etc.

Hopefully Taraji wins. Mad Men ended horribly but I won't be shocked if they give Jon Hamm that award.

• Administrator
Episodes 8-10 probably got them the nomination.

If that were the case, the three highest rated shows (The Big Bang Theory, Empire, The Walking Dead) would've got a ton of nominations.

• Members

I don't think the emmys are about getting ratings at all. It was always a lame show which to me gave off the vibe of insecurity as they pretend there is something actually worth awarding. These days yes, this is a new golden age of television, but 20 years ago? 30 years ago? They just want to give awards and tell themselves their network crap is award worthy.

Then the group think sets in and it is decreed this one show should win. No imagination and five year later and the same show has won every year since it first won. How is it possible Modern Family has won five years in a row when not even All In The Family was able to win five years in a row? Are the other comedies just that bad? If so, the category is pretty worthless.

• Members
I forgot to answer this. I got that information from the Gold Derby forums. Those threads were so long but I'll try my hardest to find the links! The episodes Viola chose have her as the front runner in my book not to mention she won the SAG Award last year. It'll be close. I may need to check out Orphan Black, one of my friends who goes hard for Viola thinks that even Tatiana should win over her.

Archived