2015 Primetime Emmys Discussion

Toups

• Members

I think this is the year I finally get it through my thick skull that Emmys are meaningless, because not one of these categories excite me even a little bit. And did I hear right that smarmy Andy Samberg is hosting? Ugh.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the award nominations were okay. That being said the nominations weren't based on reels. There is another round of voting still to go. Per the Emmy website:

http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/2015-primetime-emmys-calendar-v3.pdf

Here are the dates:

Week of August 3 Final round videos available for viewing

August 17 Final round voting begins

August 28, 10:00 PM Final round voting ends

So basically the long list to the final nominees, is based on what people saw based on screeners or watching "normally".

I'm not at all surprised about Better Call Saul getting nominations. The only thing that surprised me is that there were less head shakers than normal.

• Members

It is a travesty that Rick Hoffman who plays Louis in SUITS isn't even nominated in the Supporting Actor Drama category. Not that the Emmys would ever give SUITS anything but, man, Hoffman's work is beyond excellent. I have no idea how his performance for something like season 4's "Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner" isn't worthy of recognition, in either Comedy or Drama (because he does both so excellently).

On the other hand, glad to see Ben Mendelsohn nominated. I don't think there's even a chance he won't win. He was thrilling from beginning to end in BLOODLINE.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Here are the episode submissions: http://www.goldderby.com/forum/topics/view/11942

I'm very happy with Homeland's episode submissions for Best Drama.  Those were the best 6 episodes of the season.  I would not be surprised if Homeland upset Mad Men.   Go Homeland!! 

Las Vegas have Homeland with the worst odds to win. LOL

http://www.vegasinsider.com/by-the-book/story.cfm/story/1701991

• Members

Im extremely upset Homeland was shut out like that. WTF was Game of Thrones really that good? Which season is being recognized, 4 or 5? I can never remember. I've yet to begin season 4.

I was ecstatic for V, Regina & especially Uzo who always manages to force tears out of me w/her genuinely stricken reactions. Just wonderful!!

• Members

How in the !@#$%^&*] did GoT win anything? And the actors who most deserved awards weren't even nominated. 

Andy Samberg manages to be dorky without being smarmy (looking at you Jimmy Fallon). I can't help liking him.

• Members

I must say it is a treat to learn that Jeffrey Tambor and Bill Murray were honored tonight.  I have liked both actors for a long time.

TBH, though, I feel as if Jon Hamm's win was just the voters' way of sparing him further embarrassment.  Because, the truth is, I never felt like he actually DESERVED to win.  

Archived