Big Brother 17: Discussion Thread

• Members

Gag to the hickey on Liz's neck... Liz/Julia/Austin needed to be split up...

Vanessa's whining is like nails on a chalkboard...Time to go...yesterday

John's Bobcat Goldthwait impression is very annoying...Oh wait, it's just his voice...Yikes!! Imagine having him talking like that during a dental visit...

He threw the veto, and look what it got him.  Why did they not get rid of "I'm so lonely" Vanessa....UGH!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm just glad James won America's Favorite.

I'm kinda with you Cheap, I do believe if she had won the final HOH or w/e she would have won. But sometimes I gotta think like... you based your whole game on "honesty."  I'm not going to love that because I love some of the more unapologetic players of BB past that have won the show.

• Members

Vanessa was a train wreck but she deserved to win. Naturally the awful Ian clone won. Steve was such a mess. I never liked him as much as some seemed to. I'm usually all for quirky and weird but he was just a bit much for me and the game was too much for him. I never knew where he was or what he was doing. Ehh. Could have been worse I guess.

I didn't participate much at all in the discussion of the show or the live feeds but, for the most part, I really did like this season. It was better than 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 for me. Honestly. It was. The cast was entertaining, there was strategy ... I think had Battle of the Block not been there, it could have played out even better. I'd also like to see Audrey, Da'Vonne, Jason, Shelli, James, Johnny Mac (maybe), Vanessa and even Meg all play again. So that says something. I think the casting, while still falling into old patterns, at least gave us some personalities.

It was a good season, despite the Liz/Julia/Austin/Vanessa/Steve ugh-yuck alliance managing to take back over the endgame and dominate. I mean, good for them. I just hated losing so many interesting players so early on. I also think James fell asleep for a few weeks there after the Clay/Shelli ousters, and he got too comfortable with Austwins.

And even those players I didn't "love" I didn't HATE like in past years and never want to see again. I mean, I'd take Liz, Austin and Steve again over GinaMarie, Spencer and Andy.

• Members

I think he was cast to be Ian but I don't think he ever was. He wasn't as likeable, but he also didn't just comp whore - he had to depend on others to help him stay, more game relationships, and so on. It's one of the reasons I was fine with him winning, because they had their chance and they kept him around.

Vanessa was the best player of the three, but her social game was so poor that she had to save herself through competitions. She wasn't able to get people who would take her to the end. If she'd been as good as the hype, then she would have managed it. I have to admit seeing her get third after so many had assumed she'd win made me laugh, as did her voting for Liz for girl power, even though Liz would have and repeatedly did dump her for Austin many times. 

Archived