What made you all fall in love with soaps?

• Members

I admit that I was once a soap hater until I watched the episode of AMC when Jessie/Angie reunited. That said, the very first episode of a soap I did watch was the episode of AMC when they found Trevor's body in the freezer. I didn't no whether or not to laugh or cry at Janet.

Anyway, after I was hooked on AMC I continued to ridicule the other soaps but then, a year later, GL's cancellation announcement was and everyone kept saying it ran it's course. It didn't make sense to me that GL ran it's course after 72 years because AMC was almost 40 and that is pretty damn old in it's own right. I also knew ATWT was in it's 50s so when they said the same thing I knew there was more to it than "the writers ran out of stories" as many people in the main-stream news kept saying. Something was telling me that there was a lot of BTS crap that was going on so I decided to join the forums to see what all was going on.

My love for the genre flourished when I joined this board and got to see all the YT videos that you guys posted throughout the years and I realized that Daytime was pretty god-damn awesome when it was on top.

Oh, I decided to take a break form AMC after the Angie/Jessie reunion week to educate myself on the shows history. Like, I watched endless hours of the show on YT from the 80s and read the trivia books and whatever. I also found my mothers 20th anniversary tape and my mothers 25th anniversary tape (which includes the Orpah and Carol Burnett specials).

I started up again when Chuck Pratt took over and I became hooked during the tornadoes. I basically fell in love with the Golden years of that show and I had no idea that, by that point, AMC was a shell of it's former self. If I had known that I wouldn't have watched.

Anyway, so what is everyone else story? What made you love the genre?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived