X-Men Apocalypse Thread

Cheap21

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the Storm actress....she looks breathtakingly beautiful....much as I love Sophie as Sansa I just don't see her being fierce Jean Grey. She can be dark as the last season of GoT showed but I don't see the light charming side of Jean Grey in her. I'm meh on Scott Summers/Cyclops.

James Mardsen will always be Cyclops to me....hottest man alive.

I just feel like if this is the conclusion of a trilogy are they going to bring these new young guys into a NEW trilogy or reboot? This is all just becoming so convoluted to me at this point.

• Members

Well that's good. I just want them to have a nice stable cast and make a clean break. I don't understand what the point was of DoFP resetting everything and giving us that glimpse in the future of the older cast being alive and happy again (as if The Last Stand didn't happen which I think we can all agree was absolutely terrible).

I guess we should just think of it as an alternate timeline or something. Hopefully Apocalypse ties it all up together nicely.

• Members

I don't. It's typical Hollywood doing the 'brown bag' casting. Why cast a biracial woman when Storm is 100% black? Pure African. Why not cast a young no-name African/Afro-British/African American actress?

Aja Naomi King of HTGAWT would've been perfect for this role. Yes, she is 30 IRL but she looks like she's in her late teens/early 20s. Why not cast her? I feel like they are trying to whitewash Storm again, so she is accepted by a predominate white audience. That's the reason why they cast Halle, who I feel was tremendously miscast. I always felt that Angela Basset would've suited the role better anyways.

• Members

well you posted exactly why Aja shouldnt have been up for the part. She's too old. If the character is supposed to be like 16- they shouldnt pick anyone in their 30s. Even if not her, there has to be other girls in their early 20s that could have gotten the part.

I didnt expect Shipp to bounce back so fast after the Aaliyah movie. Many thought it killed her career and with it being so recent, I didnt think she'd land any major roles anytime soon. This is huge and a big come up for her

IA on Halle. Im still passed Angela Basset didnt get that role. She seemed like the obvious choice at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived