Bill Cosby

• Members

True but it you truly believe if you are being falsely accused, it would make sense to want to expose the motives behind it. Especially for someone who I do believe values his reputation.

My only point was that there is likely some semblance of truth in all these allegations which is why he'd never risk a court case.

My guess is we won't hear a word from him again.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been wondering where Cosby can go from here. I don't see any other choice for him but to just disappear as much as he can. He's never coming back from this. He maybe able to keep up his charity work but he can't attach his name to it. Even if he wanted to address it, I think that would be a disaster because Cosby hasn't done a coherent interview in years. I've been under the impression that he's dealing with dementia.

• Members

Did Autumn Jackson ever get DNA proof that Cosby is her father? I remember watching her and her mother on Geraldo, that had to have been over twenty (gulp!) years ago. Isn't it something how these things dog a person for decades... To me, that was plenty enough scandal for Mr. Cosby, I never imagined a child born out of an extramarital affair would pale in comparison to later allegations.

• Members

She's a much more credible witness, but she was a damn STUPID girl. At this point, I do think he's guilty... but at least she got 5,000 clams and 3 weeks in a penthouse for it, that's more than most. Somebody gives you two white pills, and you just take them? Some may think if you do something THAT dumb, then you deserve what you get. Now if you were given something without your knowledge, a whole nother kettle of fish. But to take the drugs of your own free will? Please. But I personally still can't bring myself to say they deserve it. You gotta have compassion for the dull and ignorant.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I'm not sure it's reasonable to try and put yourself in someone else's shoes. This was 1976, she was 19, he was a celebrity. Would I have taken the pills at 19 and trusted him? No, but I can see how some young woman could be intimidated or even flattered to be the girl Bill Cosby had his eye on and wouldn't question it.

I see people posting there questioning why she took the pills, so they seem to believe he offered them, but not one person is questioning his motives. He's the alleged perpetrator but her actions are being scrutinized more than his, why? A prime example of why many don't want to come forward. She used poor judgment but that doesn't justify rape. And it doesn't seem like her mother knew a whole lot different.

• Members

I saw that all the women on The View, other than Rosie O'Donnell, were cautious to say a bad word about him, instead focusing on how it's wrong for him to lose his job opportunities, and trying to compare him to Paula Deen or Tiger Woods. Rosie even asked Whoopi if she thought 13 women just decided they wanted to ruin Bill Cosby's life. Whoopi said maybe.

I can see why they wouldn't want to take sides, but sympathizing with Cosby while trying to feign impartiality is just kind of tacky and sad. For all the talk of how The View is supposed to "represent" America, it's more clear than ever that they represent nothing more than their rich Hollywood friends, and they have nothing of value to offer.

I wish this show would finally get shitcanned.

• Members

I have loved Whoopi Goldberg's comedy and many of her performances. I also think she behaves like a complete idiot when talking about a lot of these celebrities. I was embarrassed and ashamed for her and Rosie Perez, both of whom I like a lot.

I liked that new line-up (except Nicolle Wallace), it's too bad if it's going down the tubes.

Edited by Vee