Scream Queens: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

FOX has ordered SCREAM QUEENS, a new genre-bending comedy-horror anthology series, it was announced today by Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group. The series, produced by 20th Century Fox Television, is from Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan and Dante Di Loreto, the executive producers of Glee and American Horror Story.

The first installment in the new anthology series revolves around a college campus which is rocked by a series of murders.

FOX has ordered 15 one-hour episodes, which are scheduled to begin production in the spring and premiere in Fall 2015 on FOX. New settings and storylines will be featured in subsequent seasons of the anthology series.

I knew I wanted to work with Brad and Ian again on something comedic, and we are having a blast writing SCREAM QUEENS, commented Murphy. We hope to create a whole new genre comedy-horror and the idea is for every season to revolve around two female leads. Weve already begun a nationwide search for those women, as well as 10 other supporting roles, and were very grateful to Dana and Gary for their enthusiastic support.

One of our top priorities at the network has been to get Ryan Murphy to create a new series for FOX. We loved every element of the pitch for this show the genre-bending concept, which blends true horror with big comedic moments; the diverse and Unforgettable characters; and reuniting the phenomenal creative team that delivered Glee, said Walden and Newman.

SCREAM QUEENS will go straight to series. Its a huge commitment and an expression of our faith in Ryan. We are ecstatic to have him, along with Brad, Ian and Dante, as our partners on this exciting ride.

SCREAM QUEENS is produced by 20th Century Fox Television in association Ryan Murphy Television. The series is co-created by Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. Murphy, Falchuk, Brennan and Dante Di Loreto will serve as executive producers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Anyone still interested with all the promo going on?

Official Trailer

COME ON JAMIE LEE! Kill her... just be the Jessica Lange of this show I know you can be a snuff Emma's character ASAP. Abigail Breslin looks out of her league on this. Seriously.

Pretty Corpse

• 3 months later...
  • Members

What did everyone think about the pilot? 

Here's what I thought: 

Niecy, Jamie, and Keke were the only bright spots of this pilot. 

The show was just too jarring for me. So many parts of the plot didn't make logical sense. I can only suspend my belief so much.

For instance, the Dean forcing all the girls to stay at the sorority house till they figured out who the killer was. I'm sorry but that makes no [!@#$%^&*] sense. All those girls would be put in police protection until further notice. 

And for the first president of the sorority being killed (via spray tan) and the sorority to not be closed down is stupid. Sorry but a board trustees would've all closed down the sorority until further notice. 

Last plot point that was just stupid for me was when the Dean and the main character, Grace, father were talking and he wanted to get her out the sorority house and the Dean convinced him that it was safer for her to stay in a house where a girl had recently been killed. 

I'm sorry but what parent would agree to that? None. They would've snatched their child out of that school altogether and sent them somewhere else. 

Ryan Murphy is like the yt version of Tyler Perry as both of them just write sh-t that isn't cohesive. It's like they just take crap and throw it against the wall and what stick, stays. Just like TP, I cannot invest in Murphy's shows for a long period of time. My mind and screenwriter spirit won't allow me.

• Members

I watched as well. Terribly ridiculous plot.  I love crap like this after a bad day, because it's so OTT that you just bust out the popcorn, (liquor), ice cream or whatever your comfort treat is...It made the Scream movies look Oscar worthy, but coming from Ryan Murphy, what did we expect.  Quippy one liners, bad pop culture references, etc...

Nick Jonas looked great, as always.  Jaime Lyn Curtis is always a fave of mine. Even irritating Rachel Berry was well, funny as F*ck with Dismemberment 101. Nasim  Pedrad has yet to ever disappoint me. Gurl is funny.  And Niecy, well, LMFAO at her.

All in all the plot wasn't what I tuned in for, so I wasn't really too disappointed. After the week I'm having, it made me laugh.

• Members

I caught this show by just flipping channels. I hadn't even heard of it or on here. I noticed Nick Jonas right away. I saw he was acting well rather gay…LOL….then to realize later he was playing a gay character ….LOL

I thought the show was rather blah with what I saw…..I might check it out again next week…hope its not the 2 hour again next week though….I thought it was only an hour and didnt tune in to the 2nd hour.

Archived