B&B - October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ Not as far behind as the Netherlands! Here Caroline just dumped Thomas for Rick, Stephanie is inviting everyone to come to her goodbye party, and Katie is having postpartum depression.

Although currently they air 2 episodes a day so we should be catching up.

• Members

There are 4 million people watching in Italy. It used to be 6 million though.

TK posing for Vanity Fair - Italy is the ultimate sign he's been universally accepted as Ridge. Cool! I bet RM would have never imagined that.

The Netherlands sounds freaking crazy. In this day and age, with news travelling so fast, it makes zero sense to have such a long gap from the USA shows. I don't think they even dub the show for the Netherlands, so what's the point? I get the episodes might be cheaper to buy, but the benefit you have broadcasting them is definitely lower in terms of engagement and being current.

• Members

Yes they release ratings. They're not very high. They used to be around 800.000-1.000.000 viewers a day (and there are 16 million people in this country). I think that was around the year 2000. But thanks to a few changes of network (B&B was so popular that two networks started a bidding war), messy timeslot changes (some network decided to air three episodes a week instead of the usual five, and it even disappeared of TV altogether for a short while), and perhaps overall decrease of interest nowadays they rack up about 150.000-200.000 viewers per episode, sometimes less.

They don't dub the show here (thankfully!). We were always far behind but for reasons mentioned above the gap got a lot wider.

I think the fact that these days the US episodes are so easy to watch (/download :P) is part of the reason why they air 2 episodes a day to catch up.

Thorsten Kaye and Darin Brooks were over here for the B&B event but I bet only the die hard fans (which, to be fair, is the kind of fan who would go to such an event) even knew who they were.

• Members

B&B is huge in Italy.Years ago, the stars, especially Ronn and Kelly were treated like royalty, when they visited. The show is huge in my country - Bulgaria, too. It has been airing since 1994 and almost EVERYONE has watched the show for a period in their life. I can remember that back in 1998-1999, people would try to come home early to catch the show.

Archived