The Meredith Vieira Show

YRBB

• Members

Thanks. That certainly adds a different context to it and I didn't know about their connection. It did come very close to getting bad, though.

He was great at the interview (in which he talked about not liking mimes) but then Meredith and he played a game called "slime the mime" where they guessed what the mime was doing and whoever won would get to slime the mime at the end. Howie not only slimed the man straight away, stunning audience and Meredith, but he kept making fun of the man & his profession in a way that came *this* close to being downright rude and offensive. He was literally just humiliating the mime and his job in front of everyone.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks. I was confused because I explained what happened above & it had nothing to do with Howie getting dirty whatsoever. :lol: It was a bucket of green goo which Howie chose to use against the man doing his job just because, as he made very clear, he hates mimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

I was reading this (somewhat misogynist but not wholly inaccurate) article about the vacuousness of daytime and saw that there's a good chance her show will be canned.

I thought it was doing well.

It just makes me wonder again if the days of talk shows are past, and the industry won't see it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/28/does-daytime-tv-have-to-be-a-talk-obsessed-hell.html

• Members

I agree. I like her show.

They're way too quick to cancel a talk show. They need time to work out kinks and find an audience. I didn't think it was doing terrible. Just like Arsenio at night ... give it some time.

Honestly I wish she would have just come back to The View instead of her own talk show.

Archived