Days Promo - A Long Awaited Reconcilation

• Members

Obsession is a form of love. Ultimately that's what makes EJ and Sami so alike. Their obsessions and their passion guide their actions and choices.

Well the other problem with the cheating storyline was also the fact that Sami and EJ had done so much worse that it began to become a joke that this is what finally pushed her over the edge. This was so small potatoes that even though Sami had a right to be angry, it almost felt like an overreaction considering their backstory.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the minute she found out. The town has been vilifying her bc she's pissed at Abby. She yelled at the girl and made her lose her entry level position and for that she deserves everyone's contempt. The Hortons are never held accountable for anything!

• Members

Oh, I see. Well, that's just jacked up, lol.

Was Sami wrong to exact some sort of revenge on Abby and EJ for their affair? Perhaps. But it isn't as if Sami pulled a gun on the two and then forced them to have sex. (That would be EJ's way of handling things.)

I don't know, I think I would have cared more about this story if it hadn't been told so badly. There should have been the affair, followed by Will discovering said affair (and maybe wrestling with whether to publish the story along with some photos or something), followed by Sami learning about it from Will and swearing him to secrecy, followed by Sami plotting her revenge, with maybe a twist in the form of Sonny learning what Will and Sami have been sitting on all this time and racing to stop Sami / warn EJ and Abby -- and of course, he will be too late, so when he gets there, everything is in chaos, including his relationship with Will.

• Members

This doesn't really sound any better to me as there isn't a great motivation for Wilson to be apart of this story. I think it's in character for Will to step up against Sami because she wouldn't stop going after Abby. I think that action and him being involved in that capacity makes sense. Ultimately I think they've handled this story appropriately considering the fall out of the affair. Sami is pissed, she took her pounds of flesh and now it's time to move forward with her life, there is nothing else left to do to them at this point. She needs to move forward (with EJ or without him). My qualms with this story were mostly that I feel it didn't go anywhere, but that's mostly because this storyline happened to begin with. It didn't do anything except give Abby a higher profile on the show and make her relevant. But they shouldn't have needed either EJ or Sami to do that. It just shows that there is something intrinsically wrong with the character of Abby that she can't drum up interest on her own.

I never saw any story value with EJ and Abby having an affair -- long term. There was potential to recreate the Sami/Kate relationship with Abby and Sami but AS is leaving so again no point in even trying to build that. So overall it made no sense to go threw with it. I can't blame the execution of the storyline though, because I feel everything has been virtually in character after they took the plunge with starting the story.

Sami is reviled, and her family hates her -- they have reason to dislike her and the Brady's don't have a history of being vengeful, so no one was ever going to take her side in accepting her plan to destroy Abby's life. Abby is the direct opposite, she has tons of support and good will from the community. Her mistakes and wrong deeds are going to be easily swept under the rug, because she is known to be a good girl.

• Members

I agree that the writing regarding Abby in this story has been horrible, but no one town should have any sympathy for Sami because E.J. cheated on her. The girl is seriously mentally ill to actually believe she's some wronged person for being with a psychopath that more than half the town should always despise.

• Members

Best line that sums this up: Daniel to Abby: "People are NOT going to judge you."

Yes, the sanctimonious Hortons and Bradys. It's one of the reasons why I stopped being a regular viewer 20+ years ago. I tune in when a certain story catches me - like Kristen's original return or Sami's revenge, but it's the same old thing - particularly with the Hortons. Why haven't the town's people ripped Jennifer apart for raising a drug-dealing son AND a homewrecking sl*t daughter? Jennifer should be hanging her head down in shame every time she's in public. But, yet, she skates. I thought there was hope when Eve was taking her to task, but out of nowhere, Eve just buckled down and accepted that a WORSE settlement. Another win for Jennifer. Weird.

• Members

I don't think people are surprised Sami went back to EJ. I'm shocked she caved so quickly. It reeks of a rewrite - based on this promo Sami stops harassing Abby and returns to EJ within a week? Never mind, rewrite, this is a screeching halt to the story based on this promo.

The rest of your post is fanwanking - Sami and EJ are reuniting because the TIIC deemed they would.

• Members

It's not really fan wanking since everything I wrote is supported in the text of the show -- it's right there in the writing. It's not TIIC hoodwinking anything when they have supplied this well in advanced through out the storyline that Sami was having doubts about continuing this. IT's been firmly established within the writing that Sami would go back to him and was having second, third, fourth and fifth, thoughts about her plans over the past few weeks in regards to the EJ front. Add the Stefano and shadow men factors that have been bothering both Kate and Sami, and that's more then enough of a reason to end this revenge scheme "earlier" than planned.

As to Sami caving so quickly against Abby, again what more could Sami do to Abby? Abby has nothing else to lose -- she lost her job and has now been publicly humiliated. There is nothing else she can do to Abby that would mean anything to her. She's barely hurt her as it is, and the only one left to hurt is herself and her family if she continues this. Her going back to EJ was inevitable and I've already established the reasons as to why, given her previous character history and motivations that have been well supported and well worn within within this show over two decades.

I always believed the Ejabby affair storyline was tremendously short sighted and would add little overall value to the show outside of a few months worth of fall out. In that vein it's more than fulfilled it's purpose. It was a sensationalist plot point which was done solely to cement Abigail into the foundation of the show more firmly. There was no organic need for this storyline in the first place and always felt like a shoe-horned addendum to the Nick story anyway. It will have little if any significance outside of this limited time frame. I don't see why it's so shocking and why people didn't see this in the first place? Nothing long lasting was going to come from it.

• Members

I feel that this could have been a major wake-up call for Sami about the scumbag rapist she was about to marry.

Instead, the other woman once again gets more of the vitriol and disrespect than the one who ACTUALLY cheated on her and Sami gets to be the same vindictive bitch as ever just because her rapist was played by a reasonably attractive actor.

This makes me sick. Sami as a character is so much better than that worthless EJ.

• Members
EJ has gotten struck at through business and that's IT.

Meanwhile, Sami's been going through Abby's family and friends demanding they take sides against her or "pay" some kind of price.

As much as EJami fans love to claim Rafe neutered Sami (and I agree to an extent), nothing has been more pathetic than Sami trying to make everyone hate Abby because she knew they all knew pig EJ would screw her over, especially since Sami wasn't putting out for him.

• Members

He went to jail and there are still pending charges for him. Jail time trumps being yelled at. All Sami has done to Abby is yell at her and made her lose her entry level job. That's it! She's yelled at EJ, had him thrown in jail, made him lose his job, and sold off his company. She's done more to him bc he has more to lose. As Skin pointed out, Abby has nothing.

Archived