Days Promo - A Long Awaited Reconcilation

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Sami waves the white flag because the board is about to boot her from her job because of Will's article? That makes Sami lame and more reason to hate Will.

I get that they have to reconcile before they exit (or one of them fake dies?) but this seems rushed to me. Coupled with Abby blackmailing her, this seems like NBC and their focus groups made them end the whole storyline early. Too bad, I was enjoying it.

And where does this leave Kate? Psychopathic murderers to the left, creepy country thug to the right, stuck in the middle with...? She is knee-deep in it now.

• Members

Kate striking at Stefano so hard makes no sense! Why would she fake reconcile with him, only to cheat on him with Rafe again, knowing what happened the last time? The fact that Stefano is absent throughout all of this makes no sense. LK has been great as usual, but I don't get where they are going with Kate at all. They need to bring back some of her kids bc she is set to be on an island on her own once the dust settles

• Members

Why are people so surprised by this? I called this weeks ago, during the Caroline foreshadowing. Ultimately Sami will go back to the one man who understands her and loves her regardless of her flaws and issues. The one man who has stood by her even through her own destructive actions, pettiness and selfishness. Sami wants to be loved unconditionally, and without moral specifications and punishment -- she finally has that after 21 years and given how love starved she is as a character it makes no sense for her to turn her back on that.

My question is what was the point of this adultery storyline? I hated it from the very beginning and I haven't understood why they implemented this storyline other than to kill time and further launch the character of Abigail.

• Members

Yep. That's what I said when that pathetic Caroline gave her the worst advice a woman could give to another woman. Imagine if Sami had been the cheater (with say JJ, which would be kind of hot - haha) Caroline would be ripping her for her selfishness, lack of responsibility, etc. with a "I don't know why EJ would want someone like you back. I'm so disappointed in you, again."

So Sami spent a couple of months secretly plotting with her nemesis for the perfect take-down. I think the audience liked the fact that Sami was slicing and dicing Salem. If it wasn't so extreme, I'd be OK with a reconciliation, but they gave us something different and the expectation was that Sami was going to leave Salem on her own terms. This is one of the problems of the horrific 5-month advance. There is absolutely no opportunity to incorporate audience feedback to a new story or twist. Between Kristen's return and this turn, I'm very disappointed in the show.

Archived