What storylines do you think soap operas would never do?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In 1979 on Y&R, Casey Reed revealed to Brock that her father Nick Reed sexually abused her as a child and that was part of the reason she had trouble with relationships with men. She tried to warn Nikki who didn't listen. Nick became jealous of Nikki's relationship with Greg Foster and tried to break them up. He also use to sneak to watch her undress. He then tried to rape her and she killed him by hitting him in the head with a lamp.

• Members

Lots of people said this, but I totally agree that gay stories would be better in soaps if they were taken more seriously....

It's sad that they just can't do stories that simply involved either 2 men or 2 women living out their lives the way other characters in soaps do.

I'v said this a thousand times that on Y&R for Fen they should have made him gay and put him in a story involving one of the other male legacy characters (Noah, Kyle, Chance, Nate etc...) where he's in love with one of the guys but they have a serious crush on his brother Scotty, who isn't gay and in my own little Y&R world is already married with a child or 2. Fen does all he can till the other guy takes notice and they eventually develop into a real life gay supercouple that plays out appropriately.

They could even do triangles with 3 men or women.....I'm scratching my head as to what's taking Bradley too long to do something like that on B&B...tongue.png

• Members

to be fair to Passion, it was revealed that Whitney's husband, wasn't her brother (Chad), but the man (Vincent) he was cheating with was! At the end of the story, it was revealed that Chad was their first cousin in addition to being Vincent's uncle. It was a hot nasty mess

I feel like that's a story they could have done on GH with Jax and Carly. She already held his balls around her neck

• Members

What I don't think we'll see on soaps: kinkier sex. Passions notwithstanding, I don't think we'll see much in the way of threesomes, BDSM play or anything taboo along those lines. I think network execs would freak out, and given how people lost their minds over a bare butt cheek and characters saying "sh*t" on AMC 2.0, I think a lot of conservative fans would object. AMC has hinted at a character wanting a threesome, but they've never actually gone there. I'm sure there are examples of soap love scenes with someone tied to a bed or with characters in costume, but I don't know that we've seen anything more risque than that.

• Members

I'm going to have fun with this topic and throw some wild stuff out there.

A character diagnosed with IBS that often complains how it affects thier life. The character picks and chooses items off a menu to avoid the runs, they pass wind on occasion and sometimes has to rush to the bathroom because their stomach is cramping and messes themselves.

Characters have a group marriage.

A bigot that all the other characters tolerate as part of their charm.

A couple who are an abusive relationship for decades and their seems to be no resolution....OOOPS, they have already done that with Nikki & Victor on Y&R.

A major character commits suicide by placing the gun in their mouth and they show the graphic details like blood and brain matter go all over the place.

• Members

Yikes! That would be disturbing.

The IBS thing, now that's just funny. I would SO love that. I could see B&B's Pam developing something, which would cause her to be unable to eat her own lemon bars anymore. But imagine if they didn't go the comical route and gave it to a young stud or a fresh ingenue.

Archived