WoST- World of Soap Themes

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm pleased and flattered that so many of you remember WoST fondly. I'm proud of the work we did putting that site together! I was just kind of the curator and webmaster, but the machinery behind it really was all those visitors (eventually members) who generously donated material to share with the world. The excitement many of you felt visiting to see new stuff posted is the same excitement I had encoding it and prepping the site for its addition... the excitement of visitors was a bit of an addiction for me and I loved the enthusiasm when people posted on the boards about the material! It was so much fun to see people having so much fun with it!!

Thankfully, there are more good memories than bad. I see things a bit differently now than I did then... part of growing up, I suppose. When WoST finally disappeared, I had hoped that it would be remembered in the same way that people remember their favorite cancelled soaps... and it appears they do. That makes me feel good about it all and I truly appreciate the kind words and fond memories about WoST. :-)

Best,

Brian (aka WoSTBrian)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I remember WoST just as fondly as the posters that have been speaking to it in this thread. I think i discovered it on an aimless google search actually, and was absolutely in awe of the place the first night I was looking at it. As someone who was always deeply connected with the opening themes of soap operas, it was heaven.

I met a lot of great people in the chat room and in the forums. It was a great place.

Archived