General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do and u compare Peapack GL which looked it was shot by a high schooler versus a buzzed hot show. Critically acclaimed does not mean high ratings. The show since last August has had great ratings and why can't a bigtime boss commend his staff on a job well done. No matter what is said they aren't going to be fired.

• Members

Wish I could say the same, but I felt none of this.

I felt nothing for the character and even less for Silas. Michael Easton issuch a terrible actor, in the same league as Ronn Moss and Drake Hogestyn. And Molly at his bedside? BARF.

• Members

LMAO at them making fun of GH..the show has become a joke instead of being about a soap about good storytelling.....That scene is so cringeworthy and RC should be ashamed and embarrassed that it went on air.

• Members

Can we get the forum spammer under control please? It's the SAME THING ALL OF THE TIME

Oh, it aired.

I'm sure Ron is loving this, even though it's far from a compliment I'm sure he's eating it up. He thinks he's clever but he just isn't.

And Jonny, you don't know these people, stop talking for them and praising them endlessly. It's honestly really really tiresome and old.

• Members

And they didn't even get to the "Next you'll all be watching Knots Landing together," or whatever comment implying it was the next evolutionary milestone in the sexual habits of "the gays." (I hate when gay characters on GH say "the gays." I've never heard a gay man use that term unless he was doing so to mock some bigot.) I think they misquoted the title song later on, as well.

What I do find (vaguely kinda) interesting is GH under RC/FV has made a point of referencing genuine pop culture (Game of Thrones comment, etc.) For a long time I thought soaps didn't like to do this--Ron's own OLTL always had made up fake pop-culture terms (that horrible Christmas with Christine or whatever faux-It's a Wonderful Life movie, MyFace, etc.) They even held up a DVD box of Golden Girls (though come to think of it, the show was done by Disney owned Touchstone TV, wasn't it?)

• Members

I just find it all to be pretty pandering and incredibly forced, and unworthy of the creative team that wrote Kish on OLTL.

We get it, you're gay, you know the gays. (And yes, Golden Girls, etc. remains popular, I love the show.) But people don't stand around talking and talking about it like cartoons and making it the center of their day or casual social interactions. This [!@#$%^&*] is these guys' whole lives. It's so condescending and it plays like it's written for teenagers. These are grown men. It's really obnoxious watching Ron and co. put everything they have into these obnoxious attempts to show how down they are with the gays.

These desperate attempts to tap into any and all veins of pop culture or to get themselves on late night talk shows have gotten more feverish and kind of sad over the last year. And yes, Chelsea is actually right - no one is gay enough to write those scenes that desperate, unless you're trying to prove something to someone. It's just pandering.

(That wasn't the beginning or end of the scenes, either - there was more.)

Archived