General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's never fallen out of popularity. Kids joked about it when I was in elementary school during its original run and its early days in syndication on FOX. It was always the subject of a good laugh when I was in college. There's always been a new generation to pick it up. Check out its IMDb message board and people are still starting the same thread topics folks did ten years ago. GH's jokes are just corny and try too hard. Like some annoying preteen acting as if he's some authority on the show.

• Members

Ron tries too hard. He thinks he's clever but he isn't. I had to lol because he tweeted a picture of Rocco's Deli or something and he made a comment about Dante/Lulu's off-spring. Just ... ugh. I don't know why that man bugs me so much. LOL

• Members

A lot of people enjoy Golden Girls but I feel like it was much more of a "thing" 10 years ago. It's another moment where Ron stereotypes all gay men by his middle-aged fantasies. I have an especially difficult time believing someone like Brad would care.

• Members

Where is this passion that Brad says that he & Lucas share? So they are both adopted and their bio dads are mobsters. So what? I see no passion. there and I am sorry but I just cant with Brad given how predatory he was with Felix and Michael.

Yes Felix is frigid around other gays but lusts after straights and I hate that stereotype.

IMHO they are both wrong for Lucas. However he will end up with one of them eventually given the fact that Ron & Frank arent invested in Lucas as a long-term viable character.

• Members

It's never fallen out of popularity. Kids joked about it when I was in elementary school during its original run and its early days in syndication on FOX. It was always the subject of a good laugh when I was in college. There's always been a new generation to pick it up. Check out its IMDb message board and people are still starting the same thread topics folks did ten years ago. GH's jokes are just corny and try too hard. Like some annoying preteen acting as if he's some authority on the show.

I hate it when they keep repeating the same info instead of just breaking away and coming back when there is more, or merely running updates across the bottom of the screen. But things tend to happen during the daytime, working hours. These are the breaks.

• Members

As Vee said, it would be fine to make ONE comment or joke about it--even the dumb thing about them drunkenly binging on it. But to build ALL "the gays" dialogue around GG comments--and to have Brad genuinely see it as some sort of sneaky seduction trick makes this flat, boring love triangle seem even more insignificant (and honestly if Ron wasn't gay, I think some people would call it slightly homophobic.)

• Members

Much of his OLTL gay writing I was fine with (a few scenes were even quite good,) but, you're completely right of course.

Funny, I think Golden Girls got even more awkward dialogue/advertising than when all the kids were excited on GH to see The Avengers which *was* product placement.

• Members

I'd agree in the last 5-10 years or so GG isn't AS prevelant as it used to be but I buy that Brad, Lucas and Felix would all be aware of it and enjoy it. Foreplay? Yeah, no. Those scenes were incredibly insulting and ridiculous.

Archived