TV Guide: Anthony Geary Interview

• Members

Michael Logan and Tony Geary, together once more like always before.

No [!@#$%^&*] kidding. I feel bad for Jane Elliot and I'm long since fed up with Tracy being made an idiot day after day.

I cannot believe he's gone til October. At this point, with Fluke/Bill in the middle of everything, that is a bit much. I know Frank is very good at working with brief runs or vacations and dropping [!@#$%^&*] in and I'm sure he'll do that, but this already feels like it's been going on a year. If not for his illness and his operation, the minute he said he wanted to re-up after all, I would've said, 'great - we'll have you all year this time, please.' And I know Tony Geary is really trying with Fluke - I can see him doing all the things he's talking about - but honestly, onscreen a lot of it just plays like either burlesque or like the creepy old owner of the abandoned carnival, out to get the Scooby Gang. It's not very subtle; he's obviously evil and at its best it's still a tad cartoonish. He's a better actor than that.

Is it coincidence he started making noise about leaving around the time Laura was back into things full swing with Luke? Who knows.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It sounds like he had serious surgery and I would love to get a look at that scar.

I feel the Luke story is the main story on GH that so many characters fit into, from Tracy to Sonny to Julian to Liz and Molly. I just don't know if I would have given such an important role to TG since he likes to take vacations. The whole show is on pause now while he is gone, and they are forced to show filler and fluff like Nina and Joss until he returns.

• Members

This reinforces my main problem with GH, they focus on one story/character for a short period of time then drop it and we are left hanging until I don't care about the outcome anymore. Fake Luke was crammed down our throats in May and in June we have seen him only a couple of times. Obviously, this situation with a major story is something that couldn't be helped but you don't involve an actor in a major story when you know he needs time off.

• Members

But the weird thing about this is that it's so far from risque by today's standards, even considering it's daytime. A child won't pick up on what "well hung" means anyway. Those of us over age 12 have likely heard far worse. I certainly don't want to see GH become some pathetic comedy like "Two and Half Men" where trite sex jokes pass as clever, but it fits Fluke's character to be smarmy.

• Members

It is hard to remember how much I used to enjoy him on the show. I was too young for the original Luke and Laura era. But I loved them during the Riche era and that one, really lovely storyline when Laura woke up during JFP's era.

I also think there is more storyline for her than him at this point. At least, I want to see more from her than him.

When he doesn't like something, it is written all over his performance, which is a shame. He can done exceptional work when he digs into Luke's soul.

I always thought the best part of Luke was he was fighting that darkness a little, not just for Laura but for himself.

Archived