Too Close for Comfort

Marco Dane

• Members

Actually, those two characters (Lisa and Monroe's almost-bride) weren't supposed to be one and the same, even though the same actress portrayed essentially the same person (meaning, a foreigner from some vaguely Latin country w/ immigration problems). But that was still in the days when they didn't think we would pick up on that stuff or care.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So the daughters are still friends? That's really nice. They've aged well, IMO. And they still remain friends with Jim (or JM, whatever he goes by).

I agree with Khan (no surprise there, lol). It did seem they lost interest in the girls as time went on.

I haven't seen the 6th season yet (glad to see it's started on Antenna TV, but I missed yesterday's episodes) so I'm curious to see the differences. I agree they should have stayed in SF and just rented out the room. Either way it seems the show remained fairly successful (if Wikipedia is to be believed) and it only ended because of Ted's passing. I'm really glad he was able to succeed with the show (after it had been screwed over by ABC moving it it seems).

I can't believe the show was never rerun on cable (that I know of, but I think it was on TBS, right?). It's very underrated IMO. So much better than I ever expected (don't know what I expected).

Archived