Iggy Azalea Thread

Cheap21

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF did I just watch? Im sorry I had to shut that off after a minute

Iggy has a message for all you haters:

The "Fancy" rapper and Australian model took to Twitter on Sunday to shoot down online bullies.

"Just remember while your all at home online cracking jokes about artists etc that Most of you have done NOTHING. NOTHING! With your lives," she wrote. "So many of you Internet kids quote the feats of others as if they were your own."

She continued and added "And just to clarify for anyone who didn't understand that last statement goes out to people who bully others..."

Her anger had something to do with "fan wars," but it's not clear what kind of trolling set her off.

"Someone who's [sic] music you love doing great should never be an excuse to be awful to others. That's my point I suppose," she added. "I just find it really disgusting."

After the rapper cooled off a bit, she had some advice for others.

"Don't be cruel to one another. And learn to understand how much work it takes to achieve anything in life," she wrote. "Success should be celebrated and not used as an excuse to be awful to others, especially when it's not even your own. That was my point."

So, basically Iggy doesn't think online trolls are "fancy."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/iggy-azalea-fires-back-disgusting-online-haters/story?id=23974942

• Members

She mad because a Nicki fan posted a good pic of her and a bad photo of Iggy with the words "Me" under Nicki ans "You" under Iggy. Iggy then said why don't you put a picture of my #1 single up next. The Barbies went OFF telling her how her album flopped and they needed to get back to them when she sold millions like Nick. It was HILARIOUS watching her get that lashing. :lol:

• Members

Iggy Azalea joins Gotye, Savage Garden, INXS, Men at Work, Olivia Newton-John, Rick Springfield, Air Supply, Bee Gees, Andy Gibb, and Helen Reddy in the list of Australians that have hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Yes, Iggy Azalea is the first Australian female artist since Olivia Newton-John to hit #1 on the Hot 100. For those who are wondering, Kylie Minogue's biggest Billboard Hot 100 hit was The Loco-Motion, which reached #3 in 1988.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Okay, I'm not a fan of hiphop/rap to begin with (LONG LIVE ROCK!), but I'll admit I sort of like the beat to Fancy (although Clueless being the inspiration of the video makes it difficult for me to focus on anything else...and I LOVE that movie, so that's not the problem).

But I just found out about a bunch of racist/homophobic tweets she has made in the past few years that make me...uncomfortable:

http://piggyazalea.tumblr.com/

Granted, some of these date back to 2010 and 2011, so the "young and stupid" defense COULD work here to some extent (and she has deleted most of these tweets, from what I understand), but still, there are enough of them that makes it difficult for me to give her much benefit of the doubt. The "slave master" comment in particular stands out (although she DID apologize for it).

So...I dunno. But like Eric said, I don't want to take this away from the fans here. :) And it's not my genre, anyway, LOL.

• 1 month later...

Archived