Which Veteran Should be Placed on Contract

• Members

Susan Seaforth Hayes...wow she was awesome during Nick's murder; what a consumate professional! And she looks amazing. If she's had work done, it barely shows and her skin tone, hands, all of it, she's in great shape.

Wally Kurth - he's been fabulous as Justin especially in his work with James Scott and he's needed in Salem, but he was also fantastic as Ned during this last go round and his nurses ball number rocked. He's a natural; he's handsome and he can act! Both soaps should try to nab him.

Jon Lindstrom - the man simply knocked it out of the park during the nurses ball, as if he had been continuously playing the part of Kevin Collins everyday. His scenes with Lucy, Max, Scott, simply amazing. He should be a huge fixture in PC especially given all the crazy mental patients on the loose and the conflicted mobsters who really want to change. Sign him up.

Lynn Herring. She's mostly annoyed me with her hyped up acting but she totally won me over with her nuanced portrayal of the broken hearted tramp who's caught cheating on her hubby. If they give her more 3-D material to play, she'd be a revelation to watch again.

Judi Evans - with Sami leaving the show, Judi's Adrienne would be so welcome and Judi never gives a bad performance and she can cry like no other, except Kim Zimmer. Gotta credit Pam Long for making her career by giving her stellar material as Beth Raines!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How on earth can JW not be on contract... oh my bad i forgot who is running YR.

My choice would be:

Jacklyn zeman : she isnt the best actress and people keep pointing and laughing at her horrible plastic surgery but i always thrilled when she is on my screen. Theres something so genuine about that woman that literally jumps off the screen imho. Plus Bobbie has so many ties to the show that to me giving her a contract is a given.

JL and LH and i totally agree.

Leslie charleson should be back on contract as well but i know she isnt interested.

Kin shriner: scotty has been part of the show for over 40 years so it only makes sense that he should be on contract.

• Members

None. I really don't think contract means that much these days as far as what we the audience see. There are characters on contract that are rarely seen and there are others that aren't that are on quite a bit. All a contract does is guarantee the actor pay while preventing them from some outside work. Many choose to not sign a contract for the latter reason especially if they are bound to a contract and not used. I don't mind recurring vets and Days uses them effectively. SSH as Julie is a testament to that.

• Members

This. (Although I worry that SSH won't be filming anymore, until Christmas, of course, now that Nick's gone, but I don't know if she has anymore filming dates, either).

And if any veteran is on contract, we'd still likely see them just four times a month if we're lucky. They'd never get a high episode guarantee. And many veteran actors now, like Wally and Eileen Davidson, can jump from different soaps and have the flexibilty to not be stuck in a contract. I know it's "guaranteed money" but it's not like most of them aren't working at least a few times a month so I'm sure it gets the bills paid. I think many of them are smart to probably choose to stay off contract.

• Members

It might be a traumatic experience for you but to me and plenty of JZ fans its a treat to have her on our screen. I find it quite aggravating how everything ends up being about the way she looks becuz as obvious as her surgery work is she brings heart to every scene she is in. Thats far more than what half the cast brings to the show imho.

• Members

I'm very into how I look and how others look, yet Jackie Zeman's facework is strangely endearing. She clearly needs to dial back the botox but at the same time I'm strangely engaged. Plus her overacting when Bobbie had that catfight with Lucy was a hoot!

Archived