WE LOVE SOAPS: Spotlight on Days of our Lives' Susan Seaforth Hayes

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Julie but they're not wrong in how they're viewing her right now. She's way too over the top. This is not the Julie I desire to see. Julie is far better than what they're giving her to do. I appreciate their use of history with her but she's still treated as this annoying comic relief. I cringed so hard as she screamed over Nick (I saw the promo, not the episode).

And newer fans won't know the Julie most of us are aware of and appreciate and love. I adore Julie and Susan and think she should be the matriarch. Maggie can stay but the bitch needs to take several seats. It shows you how the newer fans don't care or even know how the veterans should be written. It's sad and it's why I have been saying that the writers need to make the audience CARE about these people who they weave in and out, or decide to bring back. It's why a lot of people didn't give two craps about Steve, Kayla, Carrie, etc. I hate saying that but the writers have done a terrible job over the years of bringing back past characters. They're never re-introduced the way they should. Steve and Kayla came close but you have to give the new viewers a reason to care.

• Members

I've been a fan of SSH since the mid-70s. Doug and Julie are icons.

There's a reason I am not on facebook, and those morons are just that reason. The only reason Julie is just comic relief is the writing staff that doesn't respect the history of the character. Her scenes with Nick this week were her first well written scenes in years.

Archived