A To Z: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

The premier was magical and I hope it keeps up the momentum. I am worried about how long this type of show can last but still the chemistry between the two leads was just electric and so touching. The music, the sets, the best friend characters...all of it was so natural and so good.

I love the great balance between comedy and the love drama aspect.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The second episode was really good! I love Lydia and Howard! I had no idea Ben Falcone was part of the cast. He's so good at comedy. - the way he says his lines and his facial expressions.

And I never heard of Christina Kirk and she's great too.

Lydia: I’ve gotten zero taps. Clearly there is some sort of coding error because I should be gagging on requests by now.

Lydia: I mean I get it. I’m a powerful and attractive woman whose ass cashes the cheques her mouth writes.

Other funny moments:

Brooke: I’m impressed. Look the truth is the only reason I wanted to go on this date was make my boyfriend, Lonnie, jealous.

*Points to the cook holding a knife who's looking back at them angrily.*

------------

Zelda: Who is this girl Andrew’s going out with?

Stephie: Okay, Brooke Cavanaugh. She is 26, she’s from Orange County, she teaches SAT prep classes part time and was a finalist in the New Yorker caption contest….basically she’s a whore!

-----------------

Okay so some of those lines may not seem funny on paper, but it's the way that the actors deliver the lines that help make it funny/funnier.

Andrew making the custom license plate name was cute.

I love this show! But it got a 1.0 demo. Don't think it's gonna get a full season. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

They will air all 13 episodes. This is such a shame tho of the best love comedy shows on NBC in a while. I can't even remember the last time there was a must watch show for me on NBC. Seems Iike all my favorite shows are on ABC these days....

I keep hoping a miracle will happen and they'll get another season somewhere else. Netflix even. I'd pony up the money for it there

Archived