Peter Reckell On A Possible Return To DAYS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, that's what I thought, but people can change in 20 years. He is still married to Miriam Parrish (I believe they wed in 1997). On the other hand, the things RKK did back then still haven't been forgotten, so I can understand why people like KA would be loathe to go down that road again.

• Members

I thought he worked well as Bo TBH and I would welcome him back but I just can't see it happening at all. And he could have changed his behavior, of course. Hopefully he grew from it, but weren't there issues at GH too? (I really am not sure on this but I could have sworn hearing this). Although that didn't stop them bringing him back, although it's run very differently over there it seems. And the way they tape probably helps.

• Members

He had issues at every soap he did after DAYS. No, he shouldn't come back.

I rolled my eyes last year when I saw some of the online intelligentsia say that RKK's former co-workers needed to "suck it up" and deal with him because he was too hot and too much man to be kept exiled from daytime. Are you fuckin' serious? Look, yes, he's very good in these roles, he's still talented and incredibly magnetic and GH made good use of him as the demonic Stavros, but no one should have to put up with that.

• Members

I really feel like Corday is blocking anything from happening, at least without having Reckell on-screen in the role. He's the reason supercouples get written off together (thank god that seems to have changed, sort of, although I'd rather Jennifer have gotten crushed by that elevator) and not recasting roles like Shawn and Belle. Beemer and Madison were fine in the roles. It seems like neither can come back now without Cook or Storms in the role and that bothers me.

• Members

It felt like they considered Beemer and Madison "failures" as recasts, which was too bad. I'd take Jason Cook back. Didn't he do something (produce a film? direct?) with Arianne Zucker outside of DAYS? I could MAYBE see him returning someday but I feel like he's just simply moved on. Storms probably wouldn't ever leave GH (which is fine with me, I don't want her as Belle again). It's funny how Cook went to GH and they literally did next to nothing with his character until he was paired with Jen Lilley's version of Maxie (who could have worked as Belle, not that I disliked Madison at all). They should have swayed Cook to come back and had Lilley as Belle. Just a thought ... I felt they worked together. Madison had more heat with Jay Kenneth Johnson than Cook or Beemer.

Not having Bo is the perfect reason for Shawn-Douglas to come back. I would never believe he wouldn't drop everything to be there for Hope while Bo was MIA. Despite his closeness to both of his parents. The character would really add a lot to the canvas right now.

Archived