Peter Reckell On A Possible Return To DAYS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd rather have Bo killed off than have him written off as a deadbeat dad who left Hope and Ciara. It would do more justice to his character. I remember when Chelsea had her treatments at the hospital to save Bo when he was close to dying a while back.

Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso were so good together. I did hear about them not getting along at some points but even then I heard KA didn't dislike PR as much as she disliked the other actor that played Bo. Bo/Hope has always been my couple for DAYS.

• Members

Oh, I think she will. Peter Reckell might be pissed at DAYS right now, but I doubt this will last long. Ken Corday seems to have this knack of smoothing over actors' ruffled feathers. That's probably the ONLY good thing he does as EP.

• Members

And that's really the problem with DAYS, isn't it? As good as the day-to-day writing is, there is no big story that makes the entire show compelling regardless of who's writing which day's episode or who's in it (or isn't in it). I'm not talking about an OTT and gimmicky story either, like Melaswen or "The Many Faces of Eileen." I'm talking about a story that has everyone awaiting the outcome. Gary Tomlin, Chris Whitesell and Lorraine Broderick might be fantastic with the "character stuff" and the daily breakdowns, too, but they just have no HW'ing vision, and it's about damn time that someone -- Corday, NBC, Sony, anyone -- address that.

• Members

I'd love to see Peter Reckell return and see Bope have one more grand adventure! But I'm not holding my breath and understand Hope has to carry on but I don't really want to see Bo killed off. Bo & Hope are my all-time favorite soap couple. I have lots of great memories from the DePriest/Anderson era with my school friends.

• Members

The John story was a true dud though, and began with a dud. Austin was also attached to that dud story and his portrayer should not have returned.

Truthfully, the only thing I loved during MarDar was the Will storyline and the relationship between Will and Marlena. And I was enjoying Carrie cheating with Rafe. The characters were very much in character, but the plots were awful.

• Members

Yes. Well said. The characters were very much in character and I enjoyed the Rafe/Carrie affair. I didn't mind Will all up EJ's behind but that's ALL it was. Sonny was virtually non-existent for those few months. MarDar had potential but IMO, they weren't given long enough.

The plots were ultimately awful though, and clearly cut, and some of the scenes were just painful (Carrie and Rafe all hot and bothered in the office? lol).

I don't get the hate for Muldoon, but he was never that good of an actor. I do lol that people just suddenly started loving Austin Peck. He was never that good anywhere I saw him. He worked best as a creep on OLTL. I found him entirely unappealing on ATWT. I think it stems from the fact he was in the role the longest (1995-2002, 05-06) while Muldoon was only there for 3 years and brought back because he was a "name". Wasn't Austin always supposed to be older than Carrie anyway? I think they missed the boat with the Austin character in his return anyway, no matter who was going to be playing him. And Muldoon and Peck are only three years apart (Muldoon born in 68, Peck in 71). And neither are aging well. JMO.

• Members

I always preferred Peck in the role.

It's a double-edged sword. It's ridiculous to have 50something Bo on some tropical island adventure. It's not 1985. It's not 1995. Unfortunately, the majority of viewers long for the nostalgic days and therefore want to see their favorites from the past 30 years. No one wants to see newbies Liam or Aiden or even Rafe Lopez-Fitzgerald. Just doesn't hold the same emotional punch.

So even though the characters of the 60's weren't the front burner roles by the 80's, the audience hasn't changed since that time and therefore are still holding out for their 80's hero.

• Members

Yeah, I completely agree with this.

I also think it stems from the longtime DAYS supercouple mentality. One cannot exist without the other. It does boggle my mind because a lot of the DAYS newbies are played by decent soap 'vets' who can act and their characters aren't terrible.

That's not saying I love how some vets were treated, or characters were treated by the current regime, or past regimes, and I feel like some use that as an excuse to diss DAYS when they aren't even watching it. It's terrible because so and so isn't here. Um, no. But we like what we like and to each their own :)

Archived