B&B - April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

While Zach Conroy is no Sir Laurence Olivier, he has gotten better in his time at B&B. His Oliver is the only guy in his age group I like to see. Liam and Wyatt both grate on my nerves, so it's nice to have him around. I thought the location shoot in the pool was great!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Justin and Donna were married for almost a year and never had one story and almost no airtime. They broke up off screen. Just out of the blue one day they met with family and announced they were better as friends and were divorcing. It made no sense considering their back story and how their "romance" played out on screen. Rumors were that TPTB had promised Jack Wagner's fan club that he would get a new romance. Donna was going to be the it. And that was the last day I watched B&B.

• Members

Honestly, I just think they wanted to take the show in a different direction. With the success of the Dollar Bill character and the rise of the Spencers, there wasn't really a place on the show for the Marones anymore.

Donna and Justin were extremely bizarre. I just don't understand why Bill Bell can't use Aaron D Spears better than he does. That man is SEXY.

• Members

Maya and Carter are so damn pointless.

I'm so in love with Aly. She's such a breath of fresh air to the usual canvas of characters. I really hope Oliver isn't playing tricks on her. It had been a long time since I cared so much about a TV character.

I really appreciate it when they have Brooke share scenes with her children.

Does Hope think Brooke dated Ridge and Thorne simultaneously? Honey, that's not your mother's style! LOL

• Members

Wow I totally missed Donna/Justin being married and Donna going in Nick's orbit. I believe once the Hope/Liam/Steffy triangle unexpectedly took off, Brad wisely dumped the Marones and, as you said, focused on the Spencers. Best decision EVER. I had no idea Justin was related to the Barbers in GC. That is actually cool, but it would be nice if there was a way to use it. I really hope they fix that because I like Justin and I like Donna.

• Members

I watched a few episodes last week because Justin was on for 4 days. LOL.

I had a WTF moment as Oliver went to the Forester Mansion and was looking around in awe. Oliver has been on this show for years. He screwed Brooke up against the wall at Hope's birthday party like 4 years ago when he was with Hope. He was never painted as a gold digger or someone in awe of the Forrester wealth. He has been inside all those mansions more than once before. It made no sense.

• Members

Olivia came to Justin's wedding to Donna. There was this awkward scene with her and Bill with him saying she looked familiar. It was the first and laast time that Bill actually seemed like a normal person (and less egomaniacal caveman). I am not surprised that you don't know about this connection. They have not played this up on Y&R or B&B. There was plenty opportunity for cross over and I was hoping that Olivia would get some recurring role on B&B as well. Even if it was just a talk to for Justin. Negative. I actually thought it was going to be some set up to finding Dru in that homeless shelter that Stephanie was in with Dayzee in this massive crossover event. That never materialized.

• Members

In my mind, I saw a 13 week arc on B&B with Justin seeing her then taking her home and cleaning her up. He calls Olivia and she comes to town. She decides to do DNA test to make sure because she doesn't want to get her family's hopes up. DNA comes back then they move over to Y&R for her reunion arc. Now that would have been synergy and a way for B&B to increase it's viewers using the Y&R audience. I am constantly disappointed in soaps.

Archived