GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're not coming back.

Look, both of you, we all loved the '90s but we don't keep talking incessantly about how we just need the '90s people back in order to show the rest of the board how "with it" we are. Stop talking about just bringing all the old creatives back or totally firing the existing team because neither of those things are going to happen. Let's look at things with some semblance of reality.

• Members

And say if even all of them came back, there's still no guarantee it would be "the same". Let's be real, magic happens, and it's hard for it to strike twice.

I ate up Reilly 1.0 on DAYS but was literally ready for him to go the second time. Anyone remember how awful Griffith and Malone were when they returned in 2003? (And yes, I know, interference happened, I'm sure, it does for every writer). It's easy to say let's bring back so and so, but it really never seems to work out. Shows also have lost script writers, breakdown writers, etc.

• Members

Now we're all going to cry because he looks like [!@#$%^&*]. I honestly had to do a double take when I saw him. I will agree he does seem to have SOME chemistry with Maura West, but the way she hams it up anymore .... at least she's interesting to watch lol, everyone else is all but putting me to sleep. I cannot wait for this Nina garbage to wrap up.

It's bad when I'd rather watch Woodpile than Sam and John McBain-lite.

• Members

It's really bad. Kelly Monaco is SO lifeless. I swear she even yawned during a scene Friday. And ew to Easton. He looks like he could be her father half the time.

And then you have Madeline wielding syringes. Is that all Ron knows how to do? Crazy or unstable (I'm making an assumption, which I assume will end up being correct).

Woodpile's definitely at least more 'there' than he has been and he's trying and yeah, much better to look at.

• Members

I've been saying "!@#$%^&*] you, Tony Geary," ever since Jacob Young took over as Lucky (and, yes, I'm fully aware that, as that character, Young wasn't worth it).

Maybe RC can go that extra step and just rid us of post-2002 Luke altogether and claim he got ambushed at some point and replaced by that bitch Bill Eckert. Honestly, that would make more sense than much of Guza's post-2002 penned Luke.

God, it's sad how disinterested in this show I am as opposed to DOOL.

Archived