Wonder Years coming to DVD

dragonflies

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so excited about this. I would be willing to forego getting almost anything else for Christmas just to get this. I want the show THIS much.

Danica McKellar just got engaged the other day. She looks SO amazing, it's hard to believe she's 39! She's on a very clean diet, which explains her body now. Love her. :)

• Members

I assume it will be MUCH cheaper in 6 months.

I'm excited for this as well--but a part of me suspects it won't live up to my memories of the show. At the time it was really groundbreaking--clips I've seen since seem kinda quaint.

Then again I love the thirtysomething DVDs, so...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'll have to get this at some point, or maybe even force some close friends or relatives to gift me for Christmas.

The music was always my favorite part. I always appreciated that it exposed me to all that great 60's/early 70's music that I otherwise probably wouldn't have sought out as a kid or preteen. While the writing could sometimes be inconsistent for the characters, I really cared about everyone in the cast for one reason or another,.

What was everyone's favorite musical sequence? I think the one using The Beach Boys God Only Knows where Winnie tells Kevin that she's met someone else is the one that has always stayed with me. When the buses go their separate ways in the end, it never fails to kill me on the inside.

On a side note, I hallways hoped they could have done an 80's continuation told though the narrative of either one of Kevin's kids or Winnie's kids. Using some great 80's/early 90's music would be a delight.

In terms of the finale, it always irked me that Kevin's narrative exposed that his father died just two years after Kevin's high school graduation. At least kill him off when Kevin was older...

I could deal with the fact that Kevin and Winnie didn't end up together because that's often not how life works out, but what made me confused is that Kevin said he and Winnie remained close throughout all that time, I would have thought them growing apart and losing touch would have made the most sense, but whatever. In the 80's continuation in my head, Kevin's wife would eventually die of a terminal illness thus paving the way for him and Winnie to get back together later in their lives, but that's only in my head. :)

Archived