B&B: Thorsten Kaye talks Ridge

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair, Brad Bell probably doesn't know either.

I wondered when she would mention her damn bar, but no need - she put up a photo.

I wonder if he will be the only actor to play two soap roles where his character romances a woman with serious heart problems.

At least he seems to have the right attitude. I get the feeling he isn't expecting to stay long.

• Members

He doesn't look impressed with B&B. Someone should tell him that B&B is an anthology series where a group of eight people play generic soapy stories.

I somehow got the feeling that he thinks that the nu-Ridge hasn't worked out very well. Ridge as a thinker would be something new

The show made two very interesting choices in replacing RM over the years though. Lane Davies and now TK. Perhaps TPTB would like to see Ridge as the thinker :)

• Members

I appreciate the self depreciating humor. Personally, I get why this show would be hard for any actor to work on. That's why I've always given the women of B&B mad props. I think it's one of the most outlandish soaps that has ever existed and on top of that, the cast is small, so each actor has to play even more outlandish material and sell it. Sure, they get paid a lot of money to do that, so I'm not crying any tears for them, but I bet it could be demoralizing for people who want to take the work seriously.

• Members

You know what? It's only been one episode, throughout most of which we never actually saw Ridge's face, just the speedo fondling. And when we did, TK delivered only one line of dialogue. Now, I have always believed that Ronn Moss *IS* Ridge, body and healing-crystals soul. That is because Ridge took on lots of Ronn facets like the scarves and whatnot. But RM was obviously over the part and had been phoning it in for a couple centuries. I am not against seeing what TK can bring to the table with this role. Maybe it will be fun. No doubt it will bring out a whole different side to Ridge, a character which has always been a blank cipher on this show, depository for all these women's dreams and fantasies. At worst, it will be can't-miss, car-crash TV. Personally, I need more than one line of dialogue to judge. In fact, he needs a couple of weeks, if not more. And as Lynsey Godfrey proved, actors can be rescued from the abyss by a shift in character direction.

Archived