2013 Awards Thread

Toups

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I rarely bring up race and I'm usually the last to even point it out but even my eyebrows were raised by what I read a few pages back. That's the only reason I chirped in and had anything to say beyond my initial hopes and happiness that she did win. You may not have intended it but that's how it came across to me. That being said its over and I'm moving on.

That Tyler Perry pic lol....I hope she's smart enough to realize he's an absolute joke and she should run away as far as possible. Temptation was his only good film and that's stretching it given what happens to the main character at the end of the movie.....

• Members

Oh, Lord. I thought the point of a series was to get better over time, not get worse. LOL.

Knowing Emmitt, Jr., he probably dropped on Lupita what he believed to be pearls of wisdom straight outta The Gospel According to Oprah Madea.

• Members

OMG remember that selfie Ellen took in the middle of the Oscars?

First of all, focus your eye on Kevin Spacey in the top middle. lol

oscars-2014-ellen-degeneres-selfie-liza-

Then try and unsee this:

Kevin-Spacey-Oscars.JPG

And finally -- my absolute favourite. A shot from the back. Lupita edged out by her bro! And then there's Liza Minnelli, unable to climb onto honking horse Julia Roberts' shoulders :lol:

590633-3f9ec64e-a32a-11e3-8534-2426eac7d

• Members

To be honest, I get annoyed any time anyone in Hollywood is obsessed over the way both Jennifer Lawrence and Lupita Nyong'o have been this awards season (and last, for JL). Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with them because I do not know them. It's all about the way people latch on to these women and adopt them as almost sort of a "cause." I'm sick of hearing about how Jennifer Lawrence is the just the perfect young lady and how "Lupi" is what every black girl should ever want to be in life. Like got damn! It was the same sh!t with Hathaway a few years ago.

• Members

Hey ChitHappens!

I'm watching Blue Jasmine right now.....so far I like it a lot. But it has this whole feeling of impending doom. And Cate Blanchett is just mesmerizing. You can tell she's right on the verge of having this monumental nervous breakdown and yet she's just managing to hold it together in front of her sister and these two random guys at the clam restaurant. Very interested to see how this all ends.

Apparently its based on Mia Farrow's real life relationship/life with Woody? Or am I confusing it with some other movie...

OMG the look on her face when the guy is talking about her being a nurse....PRICELESS. She's terrifying me....

Archived