Carrie (1976)

OneLife Fan

• Members

We have to have the Carrie thread just like last time. This is my all time #1 favorite movie. One of the best thrillers ever!! Sissy Spacek was magnificant!! Thank heavens she recieved an Oscar nomination for this role. Piper Laurie was equally terrific as well..and her nom was a delight as well. Brian Depalma released one sensational movie to the world when he made Carrie. It is a true classic that will stand the test of time. in my books.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can only watch it once a year. It's such a timeless classic that it would ruin it watching it more. And, I love the fact that it's a dram, not a horror movie. The horror really doesn't come until the last 15 minutes of the movie, but the buil-up is second to none.

So much so that whoever made that NBC t.v. movie trying to turn it into a series hopefully got fired after it aired. That was utter crap.

So sorry, Cassie.......They're all going to laugh at you!............I should have given you to God when you were born, but I was weak and backsliding..........All-time classic.

• Members

We are in total concert. But to me, the moment that will always be THE most chilling in the whole film is the shot when she walks out of the doors, and all you see is the fire going to the roof of the gym. That black figure sends chills up and down my spine. BD did a fantastic job with the cinematogrophy in this picture, and the minimal use of split-screen adde to the tension.

• Members

It makes me sad too Titan. When Tommy told Carrie that she was beautiful and touched her face..the tears just flow from my eyes. This move is so tragic. By the way Titan..u watching it this month?

"Eva was weak...Eve was weak...say it"- Margaret White (Piper deserves alot of credit as well)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived