GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't get my hopes up, please?

I have only seen the first 20 minutes (gotta watch Tennis and anything else first), and Richard Simmons is so cringe worthy. He's disgusting and a waste of time. He and Lucy should leave together. She is just too silly all of the time. Lynn looks fabulous, though.

• Members

Well, I enjoyed the last few episodes. I like the whole Luke/Holly/Dr. O/ Britt/Faison/Anna//Robin/Loving story arc. Hope it continues. Richard at the wedding was okay for me I expected a bigger mess. It was quite sweet.

• Members

OMG, catching GH and this Richard Simmons stuff is beyond terrible. Something Everything about Richard Simmons is annoying and unlikable. The flimsy excuse that he came to Mac and Felicia wedding to apologize to Lucy is just so WTF? Unnecessary. I don't like Mac and Felicia much, but I think their fans got the shaft big time, but considering their 10 mins of screentime over the last few months, I doubt anyone is surprised.

And speaking of horribly paced stories, the Kate/Sonny/Olivia triangle is really bad. Skate had a handful of scenes 'happy' since this reunion. I was shocked Olivia said it was a month. I thought it was about two days GH time. And Olivia and Sonny had like one kiss. This isn't a good triangle, it isn't even a triangle. No build up, no angst, just a lot of talking about true love. And it doesn't really make any of the characters look good. Olivia looks pathetic, Connie looks pathetic, Sonny looks, well, about the same he's looked for the last decade. I mean, I get that Connie should have told Sonny she was going to reveal the Kiki thing since she is an ace reporter before it was on the front page, but all she did was tell the truth. She isn't really the bad guy and Olivia isn't the good guy because she will keep all of Sonny's secrets. And they all are just going to hash it out in Sonny's office on Monday? They aren't even trying with this story.

And I want to punch Sabrina in the face when she is all cuddly with Emma and does things like patting her hair and covering her ears when bad words are said. I know it should be thought of as motherly, but it's obnoxious. I know her and Emma are Bff's for life, but it is so OTT. Sabrina=good. Britt=bad.

On a positive note, although ES look/style these days consists of channeling an ageing former prima ballerina with the eye makeup and bun, I enjoyed the Luke/Holly/Dr. O scenes.

• Members

I thought ES looked really good. I like the bun too. I don't care for soap hair so for me this was a nice change of pace to look at. Out side of ES, I like MW's hair, FH and even JE because I think super short hair is good tool to appear younger. Hair like BH, NLG or KeMo to me is typical soap hair, send them to a pageant or shampoo commercial.

• Members

Well, that makes sense. I LOVE big soap opera hair. LLC has such big hair and I adore it. I like BH, Nlg, and KeMo's hair too, LOL! I think the hair style is too severe for ES and she would look better with her hair down. Even though those big buns are in it still makes me think of a ballerina.

• Members

Exactly. I don't know why anybody thinks this is anything more than Ron's usual way of nodding to history through random name drops. Using the Loving murders saved him having to come up with something original and gave him a small way to honor/flip off Agnes Nixon. It's just typical Carlivati randomness.

• Members

A couple of years back ES was on with this long flowing hair and it looked awful. Long hair highlights the fact you are not 30 anymore, and ES started to give off a hint of Baby Jane. LW has semi-nice hair when she keeps it short, KS sometimes has great hair although the last couple of days Maxie has started to look like she borrowed some style from the 1980s and was trying to do it on a short cut.

Archived