DAYS: Month of July discussion

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you do some convoluted Salem genetics math, everyone Max ever dated aside from Morgan Hollingsworth was his niece in some way.

Chelsea = His adoptive brother's daughter

Stephanie = His adoptive sister's daughter

Mimi = His nephew (by adoption)'s not-yet-ex-wife

Abby = His adoptive brother's almost-stepdaughter (okay, that one's a stretch since Frankie & Jen never officially got married)

That was a dark time for Salem incest!

• Members

Oops that was my typo.. Max and Chelsea were adoptive uncle/niece.. not cousins. Still... that's way too close for my comfort zone. I start getting nervous anytime Days starts getting close to Passions territory of "I am a transvestite who was impregnated by my own father." I know the Days family trees are very intertwined but the writers need to do a detailed family background on each possible pairing to avoid such schenenagins.

• Members

I know that no matter what sad story i told my mother about why I moved into a bigger apartment and am supporting my boyfriend, his baby, and his babymama she woould not be overjoyed and have no issue with it. gabi is an adult, as is will. they decided to have a baby and they should find a way to support themselves and that child. not to mention gabi is still married to another guy. sonny is deciding to take this on, sure, he isnt being forced, and i get why he is doing it - but i see no issue with his mother not liking it and speaking up about it.

• Members

Don't remember this from Days so not sure, but either way I definitely don't want or need this back on Days. I would like to see some characters from that age group back since Days is missing that demographic, but Mimi can stay wherever it is she went.

• Members

Really 20s is always a missing demographic on soaps.

You usually have the 16-22 crowd, the 30s crowd, and the old crowd. The 20s are always missing. I theorize that it's because the characters are usually aged, and the first portrayer of the aged character leaves after the first contract, and instead of recasting they will usually just move to the next 16-22 crowd.

But you'd think they'd (they meaning not just DAYS, but soaps) invest in the 20s crowd considering that is the demographic they want.

• Members

My favorite part of DAYS right now is the mother & son dynamic between Jennifer & JJ! Both actors work incredibly well off of each other. I'm really loving MR/Jenn as the strict mother of troubled JJ! This by far has been her best material to work with since coming back regularly. Casey Moss has infinite charm and really plays the delinquent pothead teen role well. He's so fun to watch especially when up against that orange primate Shawn Christian. I love that they've brought in recurring friends for him as well. Really loving the teen Summer story so far!

Brent rolleyes.gif that guy is super annoying. CUM TO THE RAVE WITH ME SONNY!!11 YA KNOW YA WANNA!! C'MON FRIEND!! rolleyes.gif I'd have rather seen them bring that thirsty Bryan back as an obstacle for Will/Sonny over this fresh tool bag.

• Members

well technically Abby and Cameron are the 20s crowd but it is pathetic. We need Chelsea, Stephanie, and Phillip back. I'll also take Nathan and Melanie

You know who else I wouldn't mind seeing return? Carrie. I cant believe theres been no updates on her. Like did she ever have her baby and if so, was it a boy or girl? Kate's been so focused on her new great-grand-daughter but theres been no word on her grandchild if it was born. It would be good especially if Carrie still harbors unresolved feelings for Rafe, who is now romantically linked to Kate. Right before she left, the show finally had her on Kate's bad side and this would work well to cement them as rivals much like Kate has been with Sami but the dynamic would be different here

• Members

It's annoying, because I firmly believe this regime could work wonders with Carrie and Austin. They'd be appropriately integrated into the cast. Well, maybe Carrie. Austin might have nothing to do like Lucas. I also like how they're using Jack's death, but I wish we could see Tomlin/Whitesell, the first writing team to actually give us a good show in a decade could have Jack on canvas.

Archived