OLTL: Thursday, June 6, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, the promotional video with Viki narrating talked incessantly about John McB being Natalie's "twu wuv"...and showed some clips of those two. They could've just had Natalie move forward with Cutter without any mention of her ex.

Prolly the only saving grace of his scenes.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the episode had VERY strong dialogue which made up for the lack of much action--except that the Matthew stuff was too quick (I know he looks up to Snoop and that scenes are quick now, but as someone else said, he seemed to see the light awful quick, unless he just wanted Snoop to leave him alone :P It made it a bit of an after school special conclusion) And as Greg said, Jack should at least have some idea who Rama is...

So I guess this would have been a mid-week episode originally which makes more sense? Strong character stuff but as most are saying, I do want a bit more momentum--instead of the one scene of Todd opening the note they could have peppered the episode with a few brief scenes about that, etc, just to add a bit of urgency.

LOVED Rama and Vimal, though I sense this is just leading up to Vimal feeling more hurt when Rama goes back to her flirting with other men? It doesn't sound like they've thought through this open marriage thing very much (Vimal's idea for it seems to be pretty tame--that it just means he gets to take a few random girls out to the movies or to the malt shop sometimes.)

Nora would be the third OLTL late night radio host right? Luna had a show (I can't remember her name) and then Al was The Voice of the Night--both written by Malone--and now the Night Bird. Wait, wasn't there a late night host around 1980 who got an obsessed stalker too?

I know it's useless to whine, but I really wish AMC and OLTL were shown four times a week, together now--I think the different pacing each show seems to often have at the same time (ie when one is slower the other feels faster) would complement each other.

• Members

There was a fourth - River Carpenter briefly took over Al's mantle and became "the Spirit of the Night" in his memory. That lasted about a month before the show realized the dude playing River sucked.

• Members

Yeah this was a midweek ep that should have been for Tuesday. I agree that the 2 shows pacing would complement nicely together- thats what I always loved about them before Frons and before AMC went off the rails for me. from the previews, it looks like action will pick up next week so that would be a good thing.

The Snoop/Matthew lightbulb moment disappointed me but I'll get over it provided Matthew isn't father of the year on Tuesday. I hope what we'll see now is no more of him refusing to look at Drew/throwing abortion in Destiny's face and kind of half-heartedly trying with Drew but still sometimes screwing up. And then a more organic lightbulb moment where he realizes he loves his son and the story moves on.

Luna's show was Luna's Loveline. I wish I could cram my brain with more useful information than things like that. I cried my eyes out over Luna's death when I was 8. I had no idea most fans hated her until a few years ago.

I really liked Vimal/Rama too- shame we probably won't get them together again for quite awhile on the 2 day schedule.

• Members

ITA. These scenes didn't facilitate action, by any means but anyone who doesn't know the characters from ABC, it would present some insight into relationships, in a way.

Don't know why but I really liked the scenes with Rama and Vimal. Rama is clearly seeing the downside of the open relationship agreement. Did she not think Vimal would date too?

Is Nora's side gig being modeled after Jeanine Pirro now? I don't watch Pirro but I know that she was prosecutor and judge who know has her own show and does tons of TV appearances. The only thing is, I don't believe Pirro is actively practicing law at this time.

Perhaps Nora is now being modeled more on Judge Judy, whom I hear has an advice website now.

I got the impression that this episode was the end of Snoop's scene-work. There may be a performance or something, though.

I thought I had heard his appearance being promoted as Snoop Week a few weeks back--before the 4 episode week got decreased to 2 episodes. Perhaps it was supposed to be a week but with the reduce episode format turned into Snoop 2 Weeks.

And boy, as a Jamaican toaster used to say 'Bila Bong Bong, Bila Bong...' Snoop was really lighting up! He really did look high when he danced out the door though (LOL).

And Sam is too funny 'I don't need to know her name...I just call her Hotness...' Children really are little sponges and you must watch what you say around them.

• Members

*I wonder if Vimal just pretended to go on a date with this Shawna girl (like maybe they set it up together) in order to make Rama jealous.

*I believe someone important in the town would turn to Nora's show not knowing it's her and reveal some sensitive information.

*Patrick Gibbons knows how to bring the charm out. I hope he doesn't end up like Kiki Alderson when he grows out of that "child actor" phase.

• Members

All the late 80s/early 90s kids (save Jessica who was a bit older and Viki's) were wasted/deemed insignificant by ABC- Duke, River, CJ, Sarah, even the senseless death of Al. CJ & Sarah got so much airtime as kids that I can't believe they never made one of them work for an extended period of time. If PP could find & bring back the dark haired pre Hayden P child actress Sarah, I will pay her salary. River could have worked even if the show was no longer interested in Cassie because of Dorian. Frankie & Leslie Holden too although that one is less egregious to me.

• Members

Considering we only get 44 minutes of show a week, I don't want to add all these new characters at once. Perhaps after a year of the A-Team, Dani/Matthew have their Happy-Ever-After and they leave, opening up room for some of these legacy characters.

Archived