OLTL's Erika Slezak Gives Advice to Mad Men's Megan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want to know which OLTL actress she's talking about???

It happened recently to an actress on our show who was married and her husband absolutely couldn’t take it. And they are no longer married. He said, “I can’t take this, you have to quit.” And she said, “I’m not going to quit.” That’s a tricky problem. My God, it was worse in the movies, because they went much further in the movies in 1968 than they did on the soap operas.

• Members

That was a nice interview. Given how pretentious Mad Men is I don't think they have any interest in actually exploring what a soap was like at that time (if they did they'd know soaps didn't have torrid love scenes in 1968), but I'm glad that someone interviewed an actress who was on soaps around that time, and Erika really took it very seriously. I wish she'd named some names...

• Members

I would guess Bree Williamson, given she worked a lot with ES and got married & divorced while on the show, and was given some pretty sexy stuff.

What a great, long and interesting interview. I love Megan, she is my favorite right now actually. Its such a shame shes so hated by the audience.

Archived