Y&R: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Bolded is a mouthful...it never fails. Always used to make some boring white couple intersting...Unless you are Lily and they keep you paired to the least desirable character on the show who is not suitable to be paired with the characters.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kevin (GR) and Daniel (MG) are no sexier than Bryton...yet they have been paired off numerous times. The fact that Devon has never had an onscreen romance is blatant and quite ridiculous at this point...I hope that is the purpose of Hilary. If TPTB are going to box in the black people, at least give them options. Devon had none before...now he has at least one. We all know that Roxy was just a beard for the writers..,keeping him occupied so as not to pair him with white chicks.

By the way, I think Bryton is extremely good looking.

• Members

You nailed it about GR. Other than Bradford Anderson, there is no man more sex-less than him on the soaps. Yet GR's character gets love interests with even horrific faux love scenes. This alone proves that the issues with Bryton are racism.

• Members

Bryton is hot.

Devon is no more or less of a terrible character than Kevin. Difference is, Kevin is a pet and has been of every writer. Hes connected to central characters that are played in big stories. Devon is not, at all. I would love to see Devon get a main storyline. I think he could be interesting if given anything to do, because not only is Bryton hot he is talented.

• Members

Devon is an ex-foster kid who (with the help of his adopted family) became a success despite an absentee father & a drug addicted mother.

Kevin is a serial pedophile & child rapist who continues to break the law (when not being coddled by his family).

Devon is Katherine's grandson, Neil & Dru's son, Lily's brother, Tucker's son & Ashley's ex-stepson.

He's related to much more of the canvas than Kevin yet Kevin is CONSTANTLY frontburner.

He won an Emmy with no airtime or much writer investment.

Khalil & Graziadei both had tons of screentime with only one Emmy (out of 6 attempts) between the two of them.

Archived