Reign: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Reign

Hidden between the lines of the history books is the story of Mary Stuart, the young woman the world would come to know as Mary, Queen of Scots. Queen of Scotland since she was six days old, the teenage Mary is already a headstrong monarch ─ beautiful, passionate, and poised at the very beginning of her tumultuous rise to power. Arriving in France with four close friends as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king’s dashing son, Prince Francis. But the match isn’t signed and sealed, it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot, but like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage, especially when he has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited. Further complicating things is Bash, Francis’ roguish half-brother, who has a history of his own ─ despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father’s favorite. And now that Bash has caught Mary’s eye, a royal triangle may be forming. While at French Court, fierce foes and dark forces conspire to sabotage Mary’s marriage to Francis and even threaten her life, until a mysterious shrouded guide becomes her ally. With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart. The series stars Adelaide Kane (“Teen Wolf”) as Mary, Toby Regbo (“One Day”) as Prince Francis, Torrance Coombs (“The Tudors”) as Bash, Megan Follows (“Anne of Green Gables”) as Queen Catherine, Alan Van Sprang (“The Tudors”) as King Henry, Celina Sinden (newcomer) as Greer, Caitlin Stasey (newcomer) as Kenna, Anna Popplewell (“The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”) as Lola, and Jenessa Grant (“Cyberbully”) as Aylee.

REIGN is from CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television with executive producers Stephanie SenGupta (“Hawaii Five-0”), Laurie McCarthy (“The Ghost Whisperer”), Frank Siracusa (“Beauty And The Beast”) and Brad Silberling (“Moonlight Mile”). The pilot was directed by Brad Silberling.

• Administrator

Not a very good preview but I want to see this show. Typically, this type of setting/era is more suited for cable shows. Very surprised that a network is attempting this. Good for CW for trying.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Seriously? Only someone who has never seen her in the Anne of the Green Gables series could think that Megan cannot act. Megan is an extremely talented actor who was never able to make it in Hollywood because she was not considered pretty enough. I watched this for her. It was okay. She was the best thing, of course.

• Members

The ratings for the Reign premiere were okay for the CW, not poor but not great, a little on the low side. Live+Same Day was 2 million viewers and a 0.8 in 18-49, I believe. I didn't watch but I've been keeping an eye on the ratings because I want The Tomorrow People to make it.

The promo for Reign looked promising. I like British accents, LOL. I just don't have time to add another show.

• Administrator

I liked it! I thought the cinematography, sets, and costumes were really good. And Adelaide Kane (Mary) is really pretty. :wub:

I didn't get that either. I guess it's easier for audiences to watch British accents than French accents (which is always mocked on television).

• Members

The costumes were horrible so cheap looking. I didnt expect the show to be historically accurate but they didn't even try and attempt. And the ratings are surprisingly lower than I expected given how much the CW promoted this show.I saw more promos for Reign outside of the CW then I saw for The Tomorrow People.

Archived