AMC: Classic Villain Returns

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True story: I sat next to Mr. Cowles in the final Saturday matinee performance of "Taming of the Shrew." (His character, duped into thinking he was a king, was to sit in the audience and believe he was watching the actors putting on the performance.) Although I wasn't brave enough to get him to "break character" and sign my program, I kicked myself something fierce at the thought of sitting next to Billy Clyde Tuggle.

Now, about that Alfred Vanderpoole....

• Members

I laughed at his mention of remembering Kate Dezina (Estelle). They were married IRL at the time. I knew it as a kid watching the show and remember thinking how funny it was that she had to play that she had this great love for Benny Sago but it was Billy Clyde she went home with.

Here's an amusing entry on his IMDB page:

"Raises children without TV: Objects to violence and sexual content of programs."

• Members

I had no idea that Matt and Kate Dezina were married! I would love to see ore articles on her. She is the recluse of the 70's AMC group based on the conversations I had with people from that era (e.g, Bill Mooney, Richard Shoberg, Vasili)

• Members

I'm so slow. I automatically pegged him for being Celia's guardian and in that story but it just hit me that he'll most likely be responsible for the human trafficking. Maybe he's in both? Whatever they need to have him interact with Dixie

Archived