AMC: Classic Villain Returns

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For some reason it makes me think of former rapist Alec D'Urbervilles becoming an evangelical preacher in Tess of the D'Urbervilles (of course he falls prey to "lust" again and is murdered...) But I suppose I shouldn't hope for Thomas Hardy allusions on this show.

• Members

Opal mentioned a cousin named Pearl in the early 2000s. I think Jill Larson was on vacation IRL, because I remember Opal left Pine Valley and explained her absence by saying she was visiting her cousin, Pearl, somewhere down South.

• Members

More about the daughters Frazier:

* Opal (Jill Larson) was her daddy, Willie's, favorite. She inadvertently caused a permanent wedge between him and Lurene, who left the family when she couldn't take anymore his spoiling their oldest child.

* Pearl (Dorothy Lyman) always felt overshadowed by the more sophisticated and glamorous (!) Opal. She loved Ray Gardner first; however, Opal took him away in order to get away from their hometown. Ever since, she has resented being left behind to take care of the rest of the family (first, daddy Willie; and later, their baby sister).

* Ruby (Celia Weston?) is introverted and awfully naive about men. She'd probably be the first to join Opal in P.V. (followed by Pearl), running away because the widower she's been involved with forever has taken up with a younger woman. However, she becomes involved with none other than Billy Clyde Tuggle. Much to everyone's consternation.

Archived