AMC: Wednesday, May 8 Discussion

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DC was pretty open in the interview he did when he left AMC that the pace was getting to be a bit much for him. I'm not anticipating much action from him. But I will happily take whatever he wants to do. Everytime he shows up on screen I'm reminded of how terribly I missed him.

As for Miranda, I could understand her not knowing the circumstances of her conception. Technically she's spent most of her life living in Paris. But I would very much like to know how Binks explained The Miranda Center to her daughter.

• Members

I was going to wonder outloud if the press even really knew Miranda was Michael's because it was such a quick part caught inbetween the long murder trial (where Kendall was pretending to be pregnant) and the long babyswitch, but I did my research first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHc92E9qOYM

That said, I will gladly suspend disbelief for potentially fabulous drama in this case.

• Members

She doesn't know she's a product of rape, but she knows THAT? Well. I guess I can't blame Bianca. If I were in her shoes, I'd probably pick-and-choose which info to share with my daughter regarding her history, too.

• Members

It was a press conference about her new business. JR shut this down by throwing Liza's name out but if one newswoman knew about the paternity it is a fair deduction that other people in the news knew about it as well. But, I just don't remember anybody in Pine Valley declaring Bianca's pregnancy or Miranda's paternity in front of the soap media. It probably happened but I can't remember it.

• Members

Eric Nelsen is just the best.

Dixie (on J.R. shooting up the finale): If anyone is to blame for that, it is David Hayward.

Me (throwing up my hands at home): Okay!

I see Zach is back to looking like a fuckin' werewolf already. Let's just keep him out of the [!@#$%^&*] jerseys, please.

• Members

Maybe Celia is granddaughter to Billy Clyde Tuggle, and she was kidnapped after her mother (assuming Emily Anne) and dad were killed in a car accident.. and to make sure that her 'grandparents' Chuck and Donna couldn't find her.. he stuck her in a girls school and kept away from the public by this Evelyn Johnson.

Hence why he is upset with her being around the Miranda Center, prostitutes, and also Brooke.

Just a thought.

• Members

The fact that the guardian apparently has a complex about sex, the Miranda Center, assisting the sex workers, etc. was a red flag for me. I had a feeling since the premiere event that Billy Clyde was back and that he was the guardian - it would be the perfect moral hypocrisy, just something Agnes would do. It's the kind of old staples she used to work in. Layered neuroses. That was the tip-off for me, but it could be anyone, really.

A.J. and David - great scene. I hope they do connect more. The actors really meshed together so well. I wasn't expecting them to cross paths for some reason.

Cara and David still have it. But LH is way too thin.

I've said it before, but I abide the occasional kinks and I enjoy the slower, homier pace because I love the sense of community and family - I love that Miranda is basically a houseguest of the Chandlers, there all the time. I think that's so appropriate and natural given the history. (I do hope we eventually see Bianca and Miranda's place, though.)

I can potentially buy Miranda not knowing about Cambias. Families like the Kanes and the Slaters have the resources to do some of what I've heard about recently - whitewashing some data results for certain people on Google, etc. And I think it maximizes future drama. I do love that they finally showed Celia with other kids. It helps her character.

Tad on the phone. Why do I get the sense that Tad and Dixie aren't on the firmest of ground?

• Members

I really did enjoy seeing everyone just hanging out in the Chandler Parlor... after all the years of hearing how "THAT HOUSE" was the source of all misery and evil because anyone who lives in "THAT HOUSE" would succumb to the curse of "THAT HOUSE!"

I never saw much, if anything, of David and Cara on the network. However, the last two episodes that featured them, these two have been really good.

And, yes... LH's face... There's bone structure, and then there's skull. <_<

• Members

Winnifred! wub.png

I want to know where Adam is going and when he will be back because I miss him so.

Glad to see Jesse is still all about being above the law whenever it suits him. Just what would he and Zach hoping to accomplish breaking in to a nail salon in the middle of the night? Did they think the bad guys (who got tipped off) would just leave a whole bunch of clues to the evil human trafficking empire lying around next to the OPI?

Celia hanging around two 15-16 year olds who are more mature and interesting than her doesn't do much to make like her. If Colby has even a little bit of her mother's or father's personalities, she will EAT this girl alive and spit her out within 10 seconds of meeting her. It's really too bad Pete/Celia are boring and have no chemistry because the fact that Celia is involved with Colby's family and Colby is going to be her rival is just a lot of fun. I just hope we get a scene where Celia whines to Brooke about Colby (without using her name) only to have Colby come in to the Chandler Parlor and ask WTF Celia is doing in her house?

Well, we have confirmation that Miranda doesn't know about the rape - though I'm sure someone will google it and tell her in the worst way possible. I also don't think that either she or AJ know about the baby switch...otherwise I don't think she'd be calling him "Ace" and I don't think he'd be remotely ok with it.

Interesting that AJ, the son of JR and Babe and grandson of Adam, David and Krystal - can't lie...at least not to Miranda.

I loved Cady today with Dixie in her JR whitewashing/David blaming glory. She is manic and delusional, but in character. She would do better with AJ if she were honest with him and told him that the only thing she knows for sure is that JR loves him. Instead she excuses JR, blames David and then badmouths David as soon as she sees him with AJ. David/AJ was interesting. AJ is angry and doesn't know him, but he WILL call in that favor sooner or later.

I do think AJ loves his father and misses his mother and Marissa - but I don't think he's interested in being a Babe/Marissa replacement for David anymore than he's interested in being a JR replacement for Dixie. I think David/JR will butt heads over AJ (among other things), but I think they both will be very upset to learn about AJ/Adam's bond.

Archived