Y&R Who would be a good Adam recast?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The original guy who played Adam? I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat....

But like others have said MM is clearly in the drivers seat with this character and it would take an act of God to get him away from Y&R....

Do I hate MM? No....but he comes across very snarky like and cold. With the original Adam you got the sense of this hurt wounded boy with a kind heart who just desperately wanted Victor to love him but instead kept lashing out....

• Members

This. And I think even if Engen had stayed in the role, even as much I as liked him better that I have ever Muhney, the way MAB/Hamner/Sheffer/Rauch absolutely destroyed the character in 2009 and 2010 the role would still be dead. I don't pin all the blame on Muhney, although his smugness of back in the spring of 2010 and the whole pimping of the super-villain angle of Adam and his Heineken haunts me to this day.

Face it Michael Muhney's Adam will never, ever be Micahel Zaslow's Roger, Charles Keating's Carl, or even Christian LeBlanc's Michael .

• Members

When Scott Bryce was fired, he said in an interview that Goutman kept coming to him asking that Craig be more of a mustache swirling villain. I suspect that this is what Goutman wanted from Paul rather than the more subtle darkness that Holroyd infused into Paul. It was probably one of the reasons that he jumped at hiring Howarth.

I have been thinking of how Adam can be reset. Since this is a soap, I would have everyone discover that the current Adam has been sociopathic imposter when the real Victor Jr. who has been doing volunteer work in a remote part of the Amazon or somewhere else shows up in GC. Fake Adam was a childhood friend who assumed his identity knowing that he would not return for many years or planned to kill him at some point. There would be a confrontation, etc. as Fake Adam is killed off before he can mow down all the Newmans. Victor Jr. then assumes his rightful place in the Newman family,

Archived