OLTL-Tuesday, April 30th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I keep worrying that TSJ isn't long for the nuOLTL with how swiftly his character was inserted back into the canvas but I know they're aware they also have limited time with he and Roger both on full-time, even though Roger is supposedly going to do OLTL when not at GH.

• Members

The thing is tho that I want this show to avoid shipping as long as possible. If TSJ is permanent that just means Victor/Tea shipping and... blegh. There is so much this show has going for it, let's not drag it down with shipping. I want RH out ASAP as well. I don't dislike RH but he brings too much baggage and is a net negative if he stays too long.

So even though I loved the Tale of Two Todds and am happy to hopefully see some resolution, and I find it interesting that in this telling of the "Tale of Martin Guerre" trope the impostor is the sympathetic figure, TSJ had more negatives than he has positives. Any ship not developed in real time kind of prevents new fans from coming in, which is what these shows need to survive.

• Members

I know that they're going to be a couple going forward so I'm not sure if the show is trapped with Victor and Tea as soulmates, regardless of whether or not TSJ is on screen. I mean, I'd say it's obvious they are endgame. But the question is, how do we give new story and even new romance to Tea in the meantime if TSJ is off screen sooner rather than later now that they've reestablished the love Victor and Tea share for each other? It's just a hard place to be in. I really can't think of a good reason Victor would leave his family again unless his presence puts them in danger and I also don't see Tea getting over Victor all that quickly either.

• Members

I don't think that Tea is ever going to get a love interest other than Victor, whether TSJ is on the show or not. I feel the same way about Blair in regards to Todd. Whether TSJ & RH are on the show or not, I think Tea will always be for Victor & Blair will always be for Todd. IF Victor & Todd aren't around, I think they'll just create other stories for Tea & Blair & give them other things to do than have romantic relationships. Because after reestablishing Tea/Victor & Todd/Blair, I don't see either woman ever being explored with anyone else.

Archived