Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Members

LOL... I understand what you mean. I really did like his plays from back in the day and even his earlier movies but I don't know... around 2007/8 or so I just started getting tired of all his tropes in his movies. Woman needs a man to bring her back from the brink, there is always an incestuous rape/molestation in said woman's past.... it just all got so tired. I actually LOVED the first Why Did I Get Married? movie but the sequel was so strange and bizarre. Especially the final 15 minutes. I had totally give up his movies after the mess that was Madea Goes to Jail (I abhor Temptation based off the synopsis alone). What keeps me tuning in is that I wanted to see how he would handle a weekly drama series. I love Tika Sumpter and I am genuinely interested in where Wyatt and Jeffrey are headed :P It hasn't gotten to the typical TP fuckery yet but I just know something crazy/strange/cruel/bizarre is on the horizon. It's just how he operates.

I knew from the commmercials that Mama Hattie was going to work my nerves. Haven't tuned in once!

Zayn from One Direction eating an edible thong off of Harry.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Celine is a trip, so insane. "He doesn't like black women", rofl, the hell he don't, she has no clue who Jim was with when she was going on her deranged rant.

Amanda really played a dangerous game listening to Candace, that professor is crazy.

David knows that Hanna and Candace are related, this should be interesting.

• Members

so, from the Professor, are we suppose to assume Candace has earned her grades on her back too?

I don't know was funnier, the jealous rant Celine went on, or Hanna being promoted against her will to rule over a bunch of unseen "staff".

The police planted 2 kilos of coke on Benny? Geez...overkill much, David?

I thought this eppy was comparatively better than average. But then they spent the last ten minutes focused on Amanda.

• Members

Candace: "What do you see?"

Amanda: "A loser"

RIGHT! Her teacher shocked me bc when he told her to come back after 7pm, I thought he was going to try and have sex with her. Anyone else think she looked like Melissa Archer after that makeover? All she needs is the red hair.

ETA: Whoops, look like I should have stuck with my first instinct. Cant believe he came back and raped her in her home. Im glad they didn't show it. The scene they did show though went on way too long and was pointless. It added nothing to the plot and all I saw was some out of shape man rambling on

How does Jim not know that his new maid is Candace's mother? He had her investigated so that should have turned up

I cant with Selene's change in attitude. What was the point of having she and Hannah as good friends in the first few episodes. This is so bizarre. She needs to be smacked upside the head. I do say I get where she is coming from in terms of the promotion

Good twist with David setting Candace up. Too bad she wasn't in the car instead of sweet Benny. Good twist but stupid one. Obviously, Candace would realize that Jim played her and considering he is a judge, all she'd have to do is blackmail him by threatening to expose all his secrets if he didn't. David should have left this alone

"Are you telling me that she is a he?" LMAO laugh.png. If we didn't already know she had a baby, wouldn't it be a crazy twist if this was how we learned Candace was born a man?

leCIBkA.jpg?1

Dang what doesn't he do?

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

That out of shape man rambling disturbed me so much. That long ass taunting scene was so unnecessary so I can just imagine how scary it would've been to see a long drawn out rape scene. That said I knew from the moment she got her makeover she would be getting raped. Tyler fell back on that whole dress like a slut mentality.

• Members

I think that TP having Amanda raped was either pointless or too soon. TP should've built this story up slowly and executed it down the road, some time near the season finale. He should've slowly had the professor come onto to Amanda for awhile to no avail, threaten and stalk her for awhile, and then execute. Personally, I hate that TP made this choice so soon because I would've spent this season building Amanda up with Candice's help then do the rape story s2. So many ways this story could've been executed but I'll watch and see how it goes.

See as many aforementioned, this is why he needs a strong soap writer to be his Co-HW. Why not try and get Susan Dansby from ATWT & YR seeing as she lives in the Atlanta area and she's an African American writer too. IMO, she could be one of many soap writers/aspiring soap writers he could reach out too.

Have and Have Nots have potential to be great but he needs a stronger writing and production staff behind him.

• Members

Yes Cheap! TP does it all, which is why this show will never meet its true potential!

The rape was too soon and God help this person who plays Amanda. If each scene on this damn show was not 9 minutes long, the story leading up to the rape could have played out over several eppies and not 1/2 an hour!

Now, things seem to be getting interesting, but I don't think I care :(

TP disgusts me!