GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a great episode. I don't get why people are so upset with the Brenda storyline. It is very clear to me that she enjoys watching Carly suffer and she can't wait for her nemesis to make a fool of herself infront of Sonny.

I also don't get the Laura hate. GH is lucky enough to have an iconic character around who is not a mobster or a trashy vixen, what is wrong with that? GF has a warmth and sweetness that reminds of me of classic soaps and what daytime shows have been missing for years.

The show is intriguing on a daily basis, at least for me.

• Members

No, I'm actually basing my opinion on the wretch currently onscreen taking dumps in the middle of taping! She's downright awful!

Oh, and...

"Soaps In Depth ABC þ@soapsindepthabc 3m

An ABC spokesperson says the 3 will enter with stories of "mystery and intrigue" that will "answer one of the most-asked questions in PC."

Soaps In Depth ABC þ@soapsindepthabc 5m

ABC confirms that Easton, Howarth and Alderson will ALL return to GH air on May 10th".

I usually have hot sauce with my crow...You?

• Members

I'll take vodka. We're all gonna need it in here, but I think you know that as well as I do. I did not believe they were this arrogant or foolish.

I don't know if they intend to wait two and a half months (or more) for RH to stop airing on OLTL - if he does stop airing - as he is back on Todd there on 4/29 before GH has them and that is a disaster for their audience. Or if he has an open contract and can appear on two shows simultaneously. But it's only a small glitch compared to this entire debacle. Todd coming or going on OLTL is not the end of the world for me, I've seen it all before. As a GH fan I'm more upset for GH. As I said in the OLTL thread:

• Members

I'm a big Genie fan but I found her initial reaction OTT today. Then again compared to LH's horrific performances during the Caleb disaster, Genie came off Oscar-worthy.

Genie improved as the episode wore on and her reaction to Stavros' later threats at the dinner table were far better. That's the Laura I love right there. She's terrified of her abuser but will go all lioness when her kids get threatened.

Anyhoo, at least Genie and RKK were giving it their all while Tony was out to lunch today.

The Llanview 3 returning to GH as new characters 2 months later continues ABC's stupid emphasis on valuing actor over character. RC feels he can just throw together any new characters for them because the stupid fans will accept anything. It reminds me of what PP's TR crack about fans are so forgiving. These writers ooze such contempt for their viewers and constantly underestimate our intelligence, no wonders soaps been dying.

• Members

10wihba.gif

I mean, Genie has been horrid since she returned (but even as a Lynn fan I can admit she had some bad days during that Caleb fiasco). Back to Genie though, what makes it worse is she doesn't have chem with anybody. Not Kin, not Tony, not Jackie, not Dominic, the list continues.

The Llanview 3 returning as new characters is stupid. Period. It's not going to work. Michael Easton has already played Caleb, Stephen Clay, Michael the priest, John McBain and now he'll play another character on an ABC soap. It's enough. Cut your damn losses and move on. This is going to fail and fail hard.

Archived